1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Down goes URRslow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down goes URRslow!!!

I went down, my first crash on a street bike... I have to admit the only thing that was really damaged was my freakin ego, and I keep trying to convince myself it could have been worse because I got off easy...

Story: I took my wife out for her first ride, I HATED having her on the back, almost as much as she hated being on the back for 30 minutes. We made a very leisure cruise to a freinds house who wanted to go have dinner and offered to drive my wife to the restaurant since she hated riding on the back.

Frustration and excitement kicked in and I rode out looking for roads off the beaten path. I ended up on a back road I had never been on before guessing it would take me to a major hwy, just wanting to ride and have fun. I came up to a hill and a I slowed down to about 35-40(I never really watch the speedo) and the moment I hit the top of the hill I realize it is a VERY steep downhill with an almost immediate 90 degree turn left, and a freakin van is taking the turn wide. I have no choice so I cut out wide right and decide its in my best interest to take the grass instead of trying to making the turn. Everything seems okay, I'm slowly decelerating and I hit a rough bump, bounces me up and I hit another bump, I go right and the bike goes left.... Probably only going 15mph at this point so i get up and immediately panick about my bike.

She has a few scratches but still oks good, the only real damage was the left hand-side mirror broke off and left a nice scratch on the fairing.

The biggest bruise ended up on my ego. I keep telling myself it could have been worse but I am pissed about my bike just the same.

Long story short- Bike got a few scratches and I slapped my head against the ground. Since I had a helmet on I went home crying about a few scratches on the bike, if I wasn't wearing a helmet I'd probably belaying in ahospital bedwith a wife crying beside me. Don't take the brain lightly fellas, bones heal, chicks dig scars but nobody wants to be a vegetable.

If this seems a bit coherent I came home and killed off my supply of beer to settle my nerves... Tomorrow I try to polish out all the scratches, but not until after I post the pics...

Old 04-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Default RE: Down goes URRslow!!!

Glad your ok.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:43 PM

Glad you made it, but we want pics and if possible pics of where it happened.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:58 PM

Cool, I'll take some pictures tomorrow morning, I planned on going for a random ride again, but had planned on avoiding this turn for obvious reasons LOL.