1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Devil Exhaust or Two Brothers

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Devil Exhaust or Two Brothers

Just wanted to get some input. Does anyone know, which one is better for the 06 1000? Does either of these have different HP gains? Please leave input. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:02 AM
Default RE: Devil Exhaust or Two Brothers

both are terrible
i wouldn't put either one even if they gave me one for free

Old 03-16-2007, 10:44 AM

What would be a good recommendation?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:09 PM

I have an '04 CBR1000RR and decided to go w/ the Arata S/O Matte Black Box style exhaust....not tracking the bike so for the street the slip on is your best choice.....Sato makes a good product also...then you have Arrow or Jardine.....it all boils down on what you can afford and personal preference. Good luck on your choice!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:39 AM

I don't know about the devils but the 2 bros, whats terrible about them? I was at a dealership and all they could saywas that the 2 bros was a high quality product. They kept pitchin the yoshi's but I said they are too quiet. They asked if I like loud pipes, I said no just a deep sounding rumble that is noticeable not only when you rev it up. Iwas trying to get a jardine and they said that the jardines were junk. And that the 2 bros would last longer and is made better. The jardine rt-5 are new I believe, and factory honda uses them on their race bikes. Sohow long do the jardines last? What goes bad? I haven't heard a 2 bros but they suredo look nice. Are these guys biased or do they know what they are talking about.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:46 AM

OrangeButter

ok first things first, the cans on the Honda racebikes are actually HRC w/Jardine logos (paid sponsor)

about Yosh - its better suited for the GSXR's ... on the 1000rr, the RS-5 full system makes as much power as the slip-on which makes as much power as a drilled stock can with a 'mapped' pcIII ... so why swap the pipe to begin with ?

Two Brothers look decent but average build quality & lack of performance don't earn my hard-earned money. Lastly Jardine has caught the eye of every newbie owing to its looks but they are known to burn off their CF end cones owing to poor insulation & overall terrible build quality

p.s.
if anyone REALLY wants to get the most out of their 1000rr, they should spend their $$$ on SS brake-lines & trackdays. A day @ the track will teach you more than a year on the street

Old 03-18-2007, 01:48 AM

What is wrong with a Devil system? The finish and workmanship is great.

The pipe has a very deep sound at idle to 3,000 rpms. Between 7,000 thru 11,000 rpms the sound is very unique... you can pick me out of a group.

Everyone ask who is Devil.... my bike sounds like no other cbr1000... I love this.... I always turn heads at the local hang-out.

I can send you some PICS.... if you like

Old 03-20-2007, 02:51 AM

Yes ! Please pics !

Old 03-20-2007, 04:31 AM

The carbon fiber end cones burn off. Yikes. Wonder what thats going to look like. Maybe I should of stuck with the yoshi's. Too late now I gott em on and love em. I guess I'll just have to replace them when they go bad. I wonder if there is anything I can do to prevent them from burning off.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Just my two cents, I have 06 1k and have the Two Bros. It is sounds great, very deep rumble and loud enough to keep the old blue hairs from lane changing into you on a busy six lane traffic light to traffic light area. I would have to agree though with one of the previous posts about track days. You can learn more about how to really ride 10X faster on the track than a year on the street. Teachs bike control and lets a rider learn the limits of the bike in a much safer environment than on the street. By the way this is my second two brothers pipe and the other one lasted six years and even one low side (pipe side) no problems with quality IMO.

Quick Reply: Devil Exhaust or Two Brothers