1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

BIG DILEMA YOUR OPINION PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG DILEMA YOUR OPINION PLEASE

Hi to everyone.I have a cbr 1000rr 2004 which is an excalent condition. 152HP to the back rear and now i am in process to change exhaust untill yesterday,When i show the annoucment of Honda with the new cbr 2009.The only reson that i am thinking to change my bike is ABS please considarate that i drive every month about 2000 miles on streets not special in citys.
My question is would you change the bike that you like for the ABS reasons?

About 6-7 times per year i visit tracks and there there is no need for ABS but the others 360 days i am on the streets and i am not so legal

Old 09-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Default RE: BIG DILEMA YOUR OPINION PLEASE

ORIGINAL: Andres

My question is would you change the bike that you like for the ABS reasons?
No.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Having never driven a bike with abs im going to say probably no. However if you do a lot of commuting, and it really is a good setup i can see the safety and usefullness. But i would have to try it first.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:15 PM

i would learn grammar and english first

Old 09-12-2008, 10:21 PM

i dont see the need to do a bike swap. but if you do, let us know the pros and cons and the difference between to two bikes. and dont worry about the grammer and english part.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:45 AM

Rode a BMW with ABS for about 2 years. (it was a bike for work). The ABS is nice, but only meant to help in emergency panic braking scenarios. I personally hardly used it. I think it's more of ancrutch for inferior riding skills. If you're aware of your surroundings and are a decent rider that knows how to use both brakes to stop quickly then you don't need it. In two years I only activated the ABS 3-4 times, but I must say it saved me from eating the side of the car that pulled out in front of me.

There's also more things to go wrong. At least with the BMW system, everything had to be mounted just right or you would get an ABS flash. BMW has a servo assist brake system (power brakes) so if the ABS went outthen it was super hard to stop. I have no experience with the new Honda system, but I think it's been in use on the ST1300 for a while. Might want to check the reviews for the ABS on that bike first.

I guess it would really be personal preference. For me, I wouldn't change.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:28 PM

Dear sir TBagr please for give me about my grammar and english.

You see i am a Greek i leave in Greece and my launguage is a Greek launguage which exist more than 3000 years.... and i speak very good

I also speak Croation and France

Really how many launguages you speak???

If I tell you that you are a big Μαλάκας or veliki dirkatz would you understand what i mean???

I guess no and it's better i think!!!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 12:34 PM

Thanks for your answer kamikaze2899 i also have a bad experience with the abs of bmw.But the Honda ABS is somethink else.In a big Test about emergensy braking which the greek Magazine 0-300 organized
the best result was came from CBF 600 which has ABS-CBS system(from 100km/h in 36 metters!!The Bmw stopped in 42.

I will change it and i will inform you about the results in braking.

You have to considarate also the bud quality of streets where the ABS has an Advantage.

Thanks for your time..

Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: dashle

i dont see the need to do a bike swap. but if you do, let us know the pros and cons and the difference between to two bikes. and dont worry about the grammer and english part.

Thanks a lot you are very kind.

I have allredy answer to the friend

I will change the Bike and i will inform you about the different's on Braking......

Old 09-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A. People are already forming negative opinions about ABS when they have NO experience whatsoever with it.

B. After my recent bike rally (mainly HD riders), most of them swear by ABS and say it's saved their asses many times in emergency braking situations.

C. If you like the looks of the 09's, I would say why not. You'll be getting a much better handling bike, a bit more power, and the ABS option. Honda doesn't usually put s**t on their bikes, so I'm sure the ABS works great in panic braking situations. Just wait until some people get the ABS and experience it first hand, I'm sure opinions will change.

I've been thinking about trading up to the 09 600RR's with the ABS. I'm pretty sure if I had ABS during my last crash, it would have helped the outcome tremendously. (versus killing off my 06 600RR)

Quick Reply: BIG DILEMA YOUR OPINION PLEASE