1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

best looking and sounding exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best looking and sounding exhaust

Hello, I realize im fairly new hear but I have been riding bikes for a little while now. Anyway, Im getting a 2006 1000rr next week and wanted to look into a slip-on pipe. I love the look of the stock pipe, but that thing is quiet.

Anyone in hear know of a good slip on with decent power gains (for a slip-on only expecting maybe 2-3 on a dyno)

Love the sound of two brothers, but not into the look, to big for the rear end IMO.

Anyone hear the new Akrapovic Hex on this thing. I love the pipe in carbon fiber and i know im into the sound of akro's, just alittle to quiet in some cases.

Any and all input will be appreciated.

If a topic about this has already been posted, direct me to it for my answers.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Default RE: best looking and sounding exhaust

Had the Yoshi RS5 on my 04 and now a full Arata Ti on my 06. Gained 6hp on Yoshi (also did BMC filters). Sounds like you mean business over 7000 rpm, can easily recomend it. One downside though, if you ever decide to go to a full system (Yoshi) it's not just a matter of adding the headers, there is a mid section too, combined cost for these two is more than theArata full Ti system. Haven't run the 06 on a dyno yet still breaking her in but absoluteley wicked sound and look including welds and finishes. If the Arata slip-on sounds the same I would not be concerned with power gains.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the reply, really apreciate it.
Ive been hearing alot of good things about the Arata pipe. Im getting the Blue and yellow bike so im wondering if a carbon pipe would look good on it.

I know im going to go with a BMC race filter, ran it on my gixxer, loved it, definitely made a difference mid-top end.

I was looking for a pipe that would have a slip profile, the arata and yosh both do. I've just never been a fan of the yosh sound, love the looks though.

How was the RS5 sound on your bike. Loud/tinny/high pitched, or deep. Just curious.

As far as the dyno, 6hp with a slip on and BMC sounds good to me. I may just role with the Yosh for HP gains.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:07 PM

Loved the look of it. Loudness 8/10 (based on Arata being 10/10), tinny and high pitched compared to the Arata which is more like a growl. I haven't run the Arata on a dyno yet but I do expect more than the Yoshi purely because it is a full system. The 6hp gain also included the use of a Power Commander III USB. Just slipping the Yoshi on without setting up for it did nothing for my bike. I also live at 1600m altitude and the bikes are normally setup for sea level, which might also count a bit.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:11 PM

6HP from a Slip on and power commander at 1600Mile altitude is not bad at all. Might have to go with the yosh. I really would like Akrapovic to make a Hex style pipe for our bikes. Good looks and I know there not too loud.

I love the look of the yosh though.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:20 PM

If you think that the Yoshi looks good try this, Arata Ti full system I've fitted to my new 06 1000RR. Still running in so I have not put it on a dyno yet........ watch this space

[IMG]local://upfiles/5816/A9C81C322FE547539F673C27E7A9154E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5816/D4213D7D875B4A018DBB1863488841E8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-09-2006, 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: sicxspeed

Thanks for the reply, really apreciate it.
Ive been hearing alot of good things about the Arata pipe. Im getting the Blue and yellow bike so im wondering if a carbon pipe would look good on it.

I know im going to go with a BMC race filter, ran it on my gixxer, loved it, definitely made a difference mid-top end.

I was looking for a pipe that would have a slip profile, the arata and yosh both do. I've just never been a fan of the yosh sound, love the looks though.

How was the RS5 sound on your bike. Loud/tinny/high pitched, or deep. Just curious.

As far as the dyno, 6hp with a slip on and BMC sounds good to me. I may just role with the Yosh for HP gains.

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the oiled paper filter-oem on the rr's was a good filter-in fact ,i believe i read posts where power was lost with bmc's and k&n's-phil

Old 05-15-2006, 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: sicxspeed

Hello, I realize im fairly new hear but I have been riding bikes for a little while now. Anyway, Im getting a 2006 1000rr next week and wanted to look into a slip-on pipe. I love the look of the stock pipe, but that thing is quiet.

Anyone in hear know of a good slip on with decent power gains (for a slip-on only expecting maybe 2-3 on a dyno)

Love the sound of two brothers, but not into the look, to big for the rear end IMO.

Anyone hear the new Akrapovic Hex on this thing. I love the pipe in carbon fiber and i know im into the sound of akro's, just alittle to quiet in some cases.

Any and all input will be appreciated.

If a topic about this has already been posted, direct me to it for my answers.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

hope this helps..cheers!!

Old 05-17-2006, 03:28 PM

just installed the Yosh RS5 and PC on my 2006. Sounds great, good looking, loud. A great bargain, and if you're not going full headers, I highly recommend it.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:37 AM

Have to concur with the others on the RS5....in fact my carbon cone model is due in to the dealer shortly and can't wait for it to be installed. For me, the 1000rr is more than fast enough in stock trim, definitely more bike than my ability. The factory exhaust looks great, especially compared to many of the aftermarket models out their, but yoshi hit the nail on the head with the RS5 Carbon Cone, looks trick, sounds great, and gives you better flow than the stock can. I guess its all a matter of taste, but a fast bike should sound like it, and a clean design deserves a equally clean can.

Quick Reply: best looking and sounding exhaust