1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

The best adjustable rear sets are???????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 PM
jg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best adjustable rear sets are???????????

I have a 2004 CBR 1000RR. What are the very best adjustable rear sets money can buy? I have Cycle Cat now and while their adjustable bars have been great, their rear sets have been coming apart, coming loose, and their linkage continually locks up.

They may have an updated version so I am waiting for a reply, but if they do not, what kind of adjustable rear set does anyone out there reccomend??

thanks in advance for any reccommendations.
jg

jg

Old 05-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Default RE: The best adjustable rear sets are???????????

Sato ... look no further

Old 05-24-2007, 05:19 AM

Many people run the Vortex rearset setup but i am waiting on my set of Gilles to come in( Blacks are on backorder)

Old 05-24-2007, 08:06 PM

Gilles are awsome. I have black on my1000. They gave me more ground clearance for the track.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:06 AM
jg

The Sato sets are off the hook. Thank you for the reccomendation. Pegs are very sticky too. wees be likin it!

Thanks again m

Old 06-01-2007, 05:41 PM

Gotta agree the Sato rear sets are the shiat. I got the silver 06 and the black rearsets. Make sure you use the locktite though you wouldn't want to lose a piece. However if you do they offer all the parts seperate so you wouldn't have to buy another complete set. I got a question for you though. When you installed them did the clutch lever hang a bit lower than the brake lever??? I tried adjusting the linkage several different ways and still came up with one side lower than the other. Also did you re-install the rear brake actuator (bad speller) or did you just leave it off. I tried to JB weld the stock onto the rearset mount but it fell off pretty quickly. One more thing what did you use to keep the exhaust shield in place cuz the mount on it dosen't match with the rearset. Susposed to be helping you but if you installed the same set I was wondering if you ran into the same problems. Thanks for the help.

06 CBR 1000k
Sato Rearset
Jardine Slip on dual outlet
Powercommander
Targa Windscreen
Pazzo Levers
Shogun Sliders
BMC filters
CW fender eliminator
Hotbodies flushmounts

Old 06-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Gotta agree the Sato rear sets are the shiat. I got the silver 06 and the black rearsets. Make sure you use the locktite though you wouldn't want to lose a piece. However if you do they offer all the parts seperate so you wouldn't have to buy another complete set. I got a question for you though. When you installed them did the clutch lever hang a bit lower than the brake lever??? I tried adjusting the linkage several different ways and still came up with one side lower than the other. Also did you re-install the rear brake actuator (bad speller) or did you just leave it off. I tried to JB weld the stock onto the rearset mount but it fell off pretty quickly. One more thing what did you use to keep the exhaust shield in place cuz the mount on it dosen't match with the rearset. Susposed to be helping you but if you installed the same set I was wondering if you ran into the same problems. Thanks for the help.

06 CBR 1000k
Sato Rearset
Powercommander
Targa Windscreen
Pazzo Levers
Shogun Sliders
BMC filters
CW fender eliminator
Hotbodies flushmounts

Old 06-03-2007, 03:09 PM

+1 on the satos, you wont find anything better, especially because it comes with the parts necessary if you want to go reverse shift
again loc tite everything but if you do break or lose a piece dan kyle has replacement pieces in stock ready to go

Old 06-04-2007, 02:43 AM

my rear brake light is wired into the stock connector whose wire is zip-tied to the rearset base so that it doesn't come into contact with the exhaust. I took the exhaust shield off coz the exhaust looks better without it but if you wish to leave it on, you can - just use the black brace that came with the Satos to anchor the lower part of the heat shield

i posted a few detailed laserfiche images of sato rearset installation on www.1000rr.net if you'd like to see what i'm talking about

ORIGINAL: Bake13b

06 CBR 1000k
Sato Rearset
Powercommander
Targa Windscreen
Pazzo Levers
Shogun Sliders
BMC filters
CW fender eliminator
Hotbodies flushmounts

Old 06-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RIZOMA.

I had the pleasure of riding a 600RR earlier this week with Rizoma rearsets.........they're freaking incredible.

Quick Reply: The best adjustable rear sets are???????????