1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Anybody order "china made" fairings off ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody order "china made" fairings off ebay?

I saw a couple other threads about this but was hoping for a little more info. There seems to be a number of companies out of china selling fairing for pretty cheap on ebay. I need to order some fairings pretty soon here and was hoping for some advice.

Who did you order yours from?
Any issues with fitment?
Any issues with melting plastic from the exhaust?
Any thing else I should think about before I order a cheaper fairing kit?

Thanks

-Jon

Old 09-17-2009, 11:18 AM

Not this again. . .

Check this out; it'll scare you out of it:

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...+kong+fairings

Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on the bike and the seller. I have seen some for the Kawi that fit better than OEM. On the other hand, I have heard of people having a bad experience with them.

Best bet - find a thread with the same model bike you have. See if they liked them. Then ask for the seller's name.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:36 AM

I have hong Kong plastics on my bike in Flat black...Looks awsome.

The only minor problem was fitment on one spot which was under my headlight where the 2 side fairings meet. It was about 2mm shy of interlocking, but when i took a step back and looked,it wasnt a big deal. it was just on my conscience and annoyed me.

no heat melt yet, i hope it wont.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 AM

Well I searched through the forums and it seems fitment is going to be the biggest issue. I kinda figured the fitment is not going to be dead on. In my searching I found people that were happy and some that werent, even with the same vendor.

I can deal with fitment issues. Using my stock rashed up plastics isn't an option cause I trashed them pretty bad. OEM are ridiculously priced. I'm probably going to go ahead and risk it. It probably won't be for another few weeks though so if anybody had any vendors that they recomend any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Best bet - find a thread with the same model bike you have. See if they liked them. Then ask for the seller's name.
Ill keep an eye out

Old 09-18-2009, 02:03 PM

Go for it. I would say for the most part, not in every case so don't flame me, the people who were overly dissatisfied, probably thought it would be a piece of cake and didn't have the patience and weren't savy enough to install them. It's not just a throw them on 2 hour job.

Mine came from mung88 on ebay. I was pleased with them.

More pics in my photo gallery.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by MartiniRossy
Go for it. I would say for the most part, not in every case so don't flame me, the people who were overly dissatisfied, probably thought it would be a piece of cake and didn't have the patience and weren't savy enough to install them. It's not just a throw them on 2 hour job.

Mine came from mung88 on ebay. I was pleased with them.

More pics in my photo gallery.

Don't look too bad at all. And I kinda got that feeling too, that some of the people thought they would just go right on and were disappointed when they didn't. Dont make fun, but in my younger days, I once had an 88 crx with a body kit that replaced or completely covered every body panel but the roof. Nothing would line up with anything it seems like. This is the case with most body kits, especially most of them available back then. I kinda expected the same with these. I would think it would be incredibly difficult to manufacture hundreds of plastics and have them all turn out perfect. A friend might buy my old bike, if he does I'll be ordering mine pretty quick here. I'll post pics after I'm done.

Thanks for the advice!!

Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
Not this again. . .

Check this out; it'll scare you out of it:

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...+kong+fairings
dude orderd for a 98 he said he had a 95 of course he had fitttment problems. they dont fit perfect for the intended bike you know they wnt be right when orderd for the wrong bike. think ive seen way more people not just here that give good review for these farrings. its just like anything else on ebay buyer beware