1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

2008 CBR1000 Rev Xtended!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 CBR1000 Rev Xtended!!!

Alright Guys, I have an ignition module on my 08 1k. If mapped properly not only are u able to tune things like the timing of your motorcycle's engine and both fuel and ignition timing adjustments separately for each cylinder, but you can also extend the top rev range, since it was originally limited for the USA bikes due to noise regulations. Now, I know you can get the map through powercommander.com but only after filling out their form and faxing it to their offices. With that said, I was wondering if anyone here has a map they can share with the rev limiter adjusted, also, what are your experiences with this feature? Thanks!

Old 03-01-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by blkmrkt_lung
Alright Guys, I have an ignition module on my 08 1k. If mapped properly not only are u able to tune things like the timing of your motorcycle's engine and both fuel and ignition timing adjustments separately for each cylinder, but you can also extend the top rev range, since it was originally limited for the USA bikes due to noise regulations. Now, I know you can get the map through powercommander.com but only after filling out their form and faxing it to their offices. With that said, I was wondering if anyone here has a map they can share with the rev limiter adjusted, also, what are your experiences with this feature? Thanks!
I just looked over the the form youre talking about. They have to send an unlock code to you which I can only figure is either a new firmware or something else because there is no option for a code in the software.. I wouldnt do the rev xtend anyways. I mean do you really need more revs at the expense of your engine? I mean with the ignition retard controller and the pcIII you have more power than you would ever need. To each their own though...

Old 03-01-2009, 03:19 PM

yea... i just realized the retard controller and rev extend don't go hand in hand... so i wont be using the rev xtend feature

Old 03-01-2009, 09:01 PM

I cant believe that they are only charging 60 bucks for the IRC.. I was apparently the first person to order it and then they told me that it wasnt ready and they fixed the website to show it wasnt ready yet.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:07 AM

yea that is pretty crazy... can't praise it till I see some dyno results though

Old 03-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

for what it's worth I dyno'ed my stock 08 yesterday and it hit 156.7 hp which beat 3 busa's all around 155 lol

Old 03-02-2009, 03:06 PM

very true, but there is something about having my bike neutered by Honda that doesn't sit well with me, so its nice to get those few ponies back

Old 03-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Default Irc

blkmrkt_lung, sorry I'm confused, you say the IRC isn't ready, for what? the $60 sale? or manufactured?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:15 PM

sorry i was responding to rojerlockless in regards to the stock CBR, which is a beast no doubt, but its just nice to get the few ponies back which were meant to be there in the first place.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Default 1

Oh, Daah, my bad LUNG, I guess I should have been asking the person who said it right?! rellimdekim...what's going on with those retarders? I want to get one, especially if there only 60 bucks!

Quick Reply: 2008 CBR1000 Rev Xtended!!!