1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

1000RR Exhaust Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1000RR Exhaust Mod

Hey everybody! How you all doin?? For those ofyou who dont have an exhaust system for your 1000rr or dont want to spend the big dollars on a system, I have a easy cheaper way of making your bike sound like it has a system but in fact you'll still be running the stock can! I've done this mod to my 1000rr and am pleased with the outcome!

Tools: Power drill, Rigid 12inch hloe saw extension, Rigid 1 1/4" inch bi-metal hole saw!

Firstlace the front wheel of your bike against a wall as you will be pushing on the bikefrom the back and dont want your bike rolling away or falling over!

Second: Put together the hole saw extension and hole saw! Place in drill and tighten WELL, make sure it's secure, you dont want the hole saw falling off in yourexhaust can!

Third: Slide hole saw down your exhaust outlet to the baffle plate, make sure to be as straight in as possible! Begin drilling, pushing on the drill a little will help the sarter bit get through the baffle plate, after the hole saw cut's through the baffle plateMAKE SUREto let the drill stop moving before you pull it out ofthe exhaust can! The peice of baffle plate will be stuck to the hole saw and will come right out! MAKE SURE to let the drill stop before you pull it out, you dont want that peice of plate coming off in the can! Next is to do the same on the other side!

Once finished start your bike and hear the diffrence! Does not sound exactly like after market exhaust but definetly close. Let run for couple minutes to blow out the shavings, make sure not to put you face near the exhaust, as there will be flying peices of metal coming out.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES DONE TO YOUR BIKE DUE TO YOUR MISTAKES! IF DONE RIGHT YOUR BIKE WILL RUN EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT DID BEFORE YOU DID THE MOD TO THE CAN! AS I SAID I HAVE DONE THIS TO MY OWN 1000RR AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT!

IF ANYONE HERE TRY"S IT OR HAS ALREADY TRYED IT COULD YOU POST SOME FEEDBACK, OR OPINIONS!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Default RE: 1000RR Exhaust Mod

Sounds similar to something Harley riders do to theirs except you've swapped a broom handle for a hole saw!! :P Seem to recall a youtube video relating to this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkGvVpfieRA

Personally Id skip the mod and get yourself atleast a slip-on. I mean they are reasonably inexpensive, huge range, dont need to be a rocket scientist to fit and atleast an aftermarket has alittle more personality than a stock...plus no damn exhaust valve.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Default RE: 1000RR Exhaust Mod

I'd like to try it, but I have heard a lot of people complain that makes the bike backfire a lot. Have you noticed this yourself?