Road Racing Tell your stories here.

MotoGP 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkwind
I think Redding will still be with Honda in some form of another, he's well liked and respected there for how he's performed this season.

Suzuki have had a great first season back in WSBK, but I think they're having tyre life issues, they can stick with the leaders for 10 laps and then they seem to fade fast as the grip falls away. Are they planning a MoTo GP campaign as well? I would love to see Kawasaki back in the mix as well.
I agree that Scott can get an RCV213 if he wants one. It'll just depend on who goes deep enough in their pockets to field one (Aspar or MarcVDS or maybe even LCR). Who knows. If he plays it close to his chest, he'll be able to see just where he stands with HRC. And he probably does have a shot at a factory with the other new entries. There's not a whole lot of downside for him to play hard-to-get with Honda for a week or so.

Yeah, Suzuki and Aprilia are coming back. Suzuki is running an I4 (I don't know if its a screamer or a cross plane crank) and Ape is continuing with their V4. I think that will help both of them as they already have some chassis experience with both motors. They'll be behind, but I don't think it'll be as massive of a gap as everyone is predicting.

That's 4 more prized seats and it'll make for an interesting end to silly season. LCR is probably going to run an open Honda alongside Cal too (since its doubtful theyll find a way to fund a second RCV213). And Avintia switching to Ducatis means we should have some really good racing next year. Pramac's primo seat is also up for grabs, and up until a few weeks ago (before Cal made the switch to LCR), Duc was planning on running essentially 3 factory bikes for next season. So if they get a good rider, it again may mean a third quasi factory Ducati since things were already in motion to do so.

Things will get interesting on Monday.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:15 AM

Well, that didn't take long. MarcVDS to MotoGP and Scott Redding to MarcVDS on an RCV213!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/208...vds-honda.html

I'm curous to see what happens with LCR and Miller though. And we still have a lot of other seats to fill. GP also just announced an official software freeze for Factory entries in '15 (June 30, 2015).

What a good race yesterday. Rossi and Marquez had a great battle. What a win for Rossi?!

Last edited by Conrice; 09-15-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
What a good race yesterday. Rossi and Marquez had a great battle. What a win for Rossi?!
definitely a good race! it was great to see yamaha finally get a win, but i was a little disappointed that marquez lowsided, it was great seeing him and rossi battle it out.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by sjona2011
definitely a good race! it was great to see yamaha finally get a win, but i was a little disappointed that marquez lowsided, it was great seeing him and rossi battle it out.
Indeed, I was surprised he got back to 15th though!

Old 09-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
Indeed, I was surprised he got back to 15th though!
definitely! from the few times they had the camera on him, he looked like he was really pushing the bike(more than normal).

Old 09-16-2014, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by sjona2011
definitely! from the few times they had the camera on him, he looked like he was really pushing the bike(more than normal).
I noticed that too. And I don't know if it was just me, but the first two back-markers looked to be on a Sunday ride through town rather than in a race... I know they probably thought that Marquez was P1 and were trying to get out of the "race's way", but still. It was astonishing to see how much faster he was than those guys.

Bautista is staying with Gresini to be a factory Aprilia rider

Eugene Laverty has announced he IS coming to MotoGP (hasn't mentioned which team though). It's a shame for the family because it seems that Michael Laverty is on his way. He's been weighing his options in BSB and WSBK.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:00 PM

And Miller will be on an RCV1000r next to Cal at LCR next season....

Old 09-19-2014, 01:08 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At last finally got home long enough to see the race! If a little belatedly.

Great win for Rossi and he deserved it as well, but disappointed that Marquez crashed out, would have liked to have seen them battle it out to the end of the race and it may have spurred Lorenzo on a bit more as well. Bet he wishes he'd gone with the medium front now.

Things are looking up for the rest of the season, Marquez might some competition at last.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:50 AM

WHAT. A. RACE!!!!!!

Aragon did NOT disappoint! (But it did ruin my fantasy racing).

EDIT: Just wanted to also state that while there was a lot of carnage - everyone is okay! (Rossi did suffer a concussion, but he's going to be alright outside of that!)

Last edited by Conrice; 09-28-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:38 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes a great race, almost feel like it was three races in one! Lorenzo almost blew it, leaving it so late to change bikes, he should have come in at least a lap earlier, otherwise third was the best he could hope for. As for Danni and Mark they both paid the price for their bad judgement.

A shame for Rossi, he just had nowhere he could go. If the race had been wet from the start, he might have had a good result.