Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Religious Tattoos??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Religious Tattoos??

no offense homie, but if you dont know what you want for a tat then you prolly shouldnt get one. if your looking for some ideas about a religous tat, look in the bible or quran or whatever you need to and look for something for you. taking something somebody else has and making it your own isnt a good idea cause in a couple years your gonna be like "Im an idiot" when explaining the meaning behind it. just me .02.
Dizzle makes some great points! As far as what I want, here goes: I am hispanic (Catholic) and I want to geta tainted version of the classic "Our Lady of Guadalupe"

However...I want it to be an artist's "take" on it. I don't want the "classic" version. Also, I thought it would be really cool to have a gorgeous angel tat on my right shoulder blade and a gorgeous devil on my left shoulder blade. My mom says I should not have a representation of the devil on my body...arggggh! Anyway, you need to decide what you can live with forever. Fair warning, once you get one, you will want another, and another, and another. After I got my first (and subsequent others), I had a high. I think the combination of the adrenaline and endorphins put me over the edge. In some societies, pain is a religious right and a way of focus. Good luck. Post up what you get...

Old 01-19-2008, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Blank

Oh, btw, on the ribs does hurt like hell and this was my first one. My artist put it the best way; "If that's where you want it, pain goes away. take the pain now cuz the tattoo better be in a place that you like"
Eh its not that bad, I have a 11"x6" Buddah on my ribs in the same spot. Get something in or around your arm pit then we'll talk.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:45 PM

I got mine all planned out, check it.
It will be on my back, Lower left back close to my *** im going to have a bloody, devil's hand holding aangels leg.
Middle of myback there will be a angel trying to fly away, half burnt up, lip and eyestich shut, wing chard, stuff like that.
Upper right shoulder, gods hand reaching down trying to reach her.
I'm trying to find a good artist that can draw my vison but no luck yet.
When I get my tax back thats what it will be spent on.
Just imagin it and you will see what im talking about, when i get it done it will be sweet.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Question

What do you think about praying hands? http://inkprofy.com/praying-hands-tattoo/ It's very religious so I'm afraid of having some problems if I will get it.There are lot of people who are really aggressive to all those religious things. But still I want to have it so much...For me it would be like I'm praying all the time....

Old 02-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ForeverBelieve
What do you think about praying hands? Praying Hands Tattoos - The Greatest Designs with Meaning It's very religious so I'm afraid of having some problems if I will get it.There are lot of people who are really aggressive to all those religious things. But still I want to have it so much...For me it would be like I'm praying all the time....
Don't worry about what other people think. It's your body and you can represent your faith as you see fit.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by ForeverBelieve
What do you think about praying hands? Praying Hands Tattoos - The Greatest Designs with Meaning It's very religious so I'm afraid of having some problems if I will get it.There are lot of people who are really aggressive to all those religious things. But still I want to have it so much...For me it would be like I'm praying all the time....
As Demon said, do what you are lead to do with your own body.
I am a person of faith. However, my personal convictions buck conventional thinking most of the time.
If you ever wish/need to discuss these types of things, feel free in sending me a PM.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:33 PM

Your body mate, I've a half sleeve comprised of Slayer album covers and Black Sabbath, the anti-god arm as I call it.

I would add if you're young, I think you'd want to really think about religious tatts, a lot of ppl soon discover that 'god' and religion is a load of ****e as they get older!

Old 09-22-2017, 05:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The only problem with tattoos IMO is that they are a permenant reminder of who you were at a certain moment in time, which is fine if sleeve and neck tattoos are in fashion in 30 years time, and in 2047 you’re still the person you are today.

Back in 1982 these were the men’s fashions, and at that time when I was 17 I probably dressed a bit like this

Luckily I moved on! however a tattoo is a bit like wearing those clothes every day forever, so you need to be 100% sure you’ll love it for life because they don’t wash off.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:45 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunk
they are a permenant reminder of who you were at a certain moment in time
Exactly. and I believe that's a good thing. I can look at each of mine and reflect where I was in my life when I got it. Some mark a place in time when I started my journey upwards, while some mark a place when I was in a certain state of mind, some.... other things.

Although things change in time, who I was and what I was doing remains fixed in history. All those things in my life, good or bad, make up the me I am today.

But one thing remains constant. I got what I got for me. Nobody else. If you are only tattooing your body for fashion sake to please how you look to others, you are in it for the wrong reason and should take a good hard look at yourself.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Exactly. and I believe that's a good thing. I can look at each of mine and reflect where I was in my life when I got it. Some mark a place in time when I started my journey upwards, while some mark a place when I was in a certain state of mind, some.... other things.

Although things change in time, who I was and what I was doing remains fixed in history. All those things in my life, good or bad, make up the me I am today.

But one thing remains constant. I got what I got for me. Nobody else. If you are only tattooing your body for fashion sake to please how you look to others, you are in it for the wrong reason and should take a good hard look at yourself.
amen. No pun intended 😂