How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

SPY 5000m alarm/remote start DIY install

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Cu
I changed my battery like 4 months ago, i use my bike only one day a week so it stays the whole week alone.

My alarm works fine but it dont remote start, it does all the thing but it sounds like the fuel pump dont prime...
Where is your blue wire hooked up to? Keep you bike on a trickle charge of you can

Old 03-12-2012, 09:28 AM

Anyone know where I might be able to get this alarm? I've been checking eBay but haven't seen them on there in a while.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by qteter
Where is your blue wire hooked up to? Keep you bike on a trickle charge of you can
My blue wire its on the correct wire (Yellow/Red wire).. my bike cranks but the fuel pump doesnt prime...

Old 03-13-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kuchar09
Anyone know where I might be able to get this alarm? I've been checking eBay but haven't seen them on there in a while.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110829177971?redirect=mobile
This is where I got mine if the link works but I think they are out... It doesn't show that it is a Spy but that is what they send you

Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by John Cu
My blue wire its on the correct wire (Yellow/Red wire).. my bike cranks but the fuel pump doesnt prime...
Is your bike in neutral? Do you have one of the wires to key on hot? What year is your bike? Does it start without the remote? Is your kill switch engaged?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by qteter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110829177971?redirect=mobile
This is where I got mine if the link works but I think they are out... It doesn't show that it is a Spy but that is what they send you
I found the new link! http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-ALARM-SYSTEM-1500-feets-Pager-Two-way-PROXIMITY-RADAR-sensor-/110840778942?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp= mtr&hash=item19cea010be

Old 03-28-2012, 10:15 PM

ok, so i just installed the spy 5000 on my bike. i did not hook up the remote start though since i have no use for it. also, instead of hooking the yellow wires to the turn signals, i hooked them to the relay that powers all the other lights when the bike is running. seems much more effective. especially when searching for my bike in the dark, i will actually be able to see the headlight flashing. but i do have one complaint/question.. is there ANY way to disable the chirping that it does like every 15 seconds after the bike is shut off?? i know its supposed to be a reminder to arm the alarm, but a bunch of us here in town like just sit and talk in a parking lot, and in the meantime, my alarm is chirping at me constantly.. and i dont want to arm it, because i am normally still sitting on the bike. but i also dont wanna listen to the chirping for a half hour straight. any insight??

Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by jurgs2007
ok, so i just installed the spy 5000 on my bike. i did not hook up the remote start though since i have no use for it. also, instead of hooking the yellow wires to the turn signals, i hooked them to the relay that powers all the other lights when the bike is running. seems much more effective. especially when searching for my bike in the dark, i will actually be able to see the headlight flashing. but i do have one complaint/question.. is there ANY way to disable the chirping that it does like every 15 seconds after the bike is shut off?? i know its supposed to be a reminder to arm the alarm, but a bunch of us here in town like just sit and talk in a parking lot, and in the meantime, my alarm is chirping at me constantly.. and i dont want to arm it, because i am normally still sitting on the bike. but i also dont wanna listen to the chirping for a half hour straight. any insight??
It should stop after 15 chirps.. By hooking it up through the relay it makes the headlight flash too right? By doing that it makes spy brain think the bike is being engaged into the "on" position and therefore it's resetting the 3 chirps

Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM

i will have to look, but i dont think the lights flash at all for the reminder chirps. will look when i go out and tinker some more.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:14 PM

ok, so i disconected the yellow wires from the running light/headlight relay, and yes the alarm only gives 3 reminder beeps, and then the remote goes off once after that. much better. but now i ran into another issue. where exactly do the yellow wires go then?? i hooked them to the turn signal wires and all was good.. so i thought.. when i used my turn signals after that, they acted as a hazard signal instead. the yellow wires must be fed together inside the alarm brain box, there for allowing the power from one signal to carry over to the other side as well..

Quick Reply: SPY 5000m alarm/remote start DIY install