CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Exhaust cam swap how-to

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust cam swap how-to

There has been some interest on how to put an inlet on the exhaust side so thought i would do a step by step how to, if anybody has any pictures i would be grateful.

Prep - i prefer to remove the engine and work on a bench but its your choice, you will need an inlet cam and some blue rvt.

Step 1. Remove cam cover and put gasket to one side to be re-used
Step 2. Remove the cover of the ignition rotor (next to the clutch cover) only undo the viewing window not the full cover
Step 3. Align the ignition rotor to TDC by turning the engine
Step 4. Once at TDC slacken you CCT by removing the nut on top then using a flat blade screw driver turning to the left
Step 4. Lift camchain off cams and put metal rod or scrwdriver between head and camchain to stop it falling into your sump
Step 5. Remove exhaust camshaft
Step 6. Remove cog from exhaust camshaft
Step 7. Put exhaust cog on new camshaft so in and ex will align correctly
Step 8. Put new inlet into head aligned correctly
Step 9. Follow haynes or honda procedure for valve clearances and tolerances make sure you do both whilst you are there
Step 10. Put camchain back on and turn the cct back to its original position so the camchain is tight again
Step 11. Put the ignition rotor cover back on and smear your cam cover gasket in rvt and put some in the recess it sits in
Step 12. Put cam cover back on

I take no responsibility if you do it wrong i also take no responsibility in any inacuracies if your not a trained mechanic and dont feel you can do this then please consult a professional

Found there is a guide to doing valve clearances in the f3 section and has all the pictures and how to guide to go with my guide