Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

LED ground affect light placement

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LED ground affect light placement

I used the klit above. The one from Streetglow. I love it. It is the yellow one, but looks amber. I actually have 2 pods left over asd I didn't want too much more light.Plus space was becoming an issue.

As for wiring, it all gets wired together to the battery. I ran it to a switch whick is mounted just under rear suspension reservoir. Perfect spot and out of the way. The lights are wired to the rear taillgihts (not brake light). This ensures it is only allowed pwer when the bike is on. I can still shut it off at the switch and ride normal. If i accidentally leave the switch on, it all get shut off at the key and I don't have to worry about battery drain. But if you are into showing off your lit up parked bike, then this is not the route to go. Best of luck gentleman

Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by ffingers
if you got the streetglow kit...then you got what i got...

here's a better idea of placement...also...i went for a stealth look...you can't really see the actual LEDS on the bike...meaning...you can't see the light source....all you see is the glow....that is why mine are hidden...thus putting them on the swinger for me would be defeating the purpose...

also here's the kit i got....like i said...may get a strip or two more...but i don't want to be crazy bright..just subtle...but that's just me...

I'm very like to install street light into my motor . Would you help me !
How can I buy L.E.D COMBO KIT (Yellow color ) ? What is part No. ?
Does it easy install ?
And elictric power , where is power that I connect to use for light ? This job is important and dangerous .

Thanks ,

Duy Tung
I'm living in Vietnam .

Old 06-13-2009, 08:55 PM

Heyy, just wondering where i can get a yellow/amber kit...
and how i would wire them up with a switch..

any sites out there that sell yellow kits??

Cheers,

Old 06-21-2009, 10:00 PM

Awesome post, thanks!

I ended up having to make some changes, as your F4i and my F3 have some junk layed out differently. Here's what I did, for all those F3 dudes who want to know:

First off, I used Brakleen to clean all the bike parts before mounting the lights. It works GREAT.

Check out the blue marks on the Red F3 pic. It's MOSTLY the same, but you kindof have to move things around slightly. Run the 8 inch ones up the inside of the frame, closest to the engine. DON'T aim them directly at the side of the engine, or you'll get a bad spotlight effect. Point them at the front of the engine.

Keep the pods next to the fairing bolt at the bottom front. There's a nice spot there with no sound dampening material.

Mount the 6 inch lights on the tail of the frame, and angle them outwards slightly, so they illuminate your pedals and exhaust pipe.

Mount a single pod underneath the tail, kindof where the passenger seat is. Aim it at the front of the wheel hugger over the wheel.

Mount the last pod underneath the bike, on the part of the frame the suspension bounces on (sorry for the non-tech). It's dead center on the frame, all the way down, and points at the rear wheel at an angle. This will light up the road in front of the wheel, and some of the wheel.

For everything mounted on the side, do the same on the other side.

The idea I was going for was to make it look like the engine eminated a bright glow, which was aimed backwards, and gives the impression that the entire bike is hollow, and the light just flows through it. See the other pic for my finished product. Sorry, I take ****ty night pics.

Attached Thumbnails  LED ground affect light placement-w9.jpg    LED ground affect light placement-s6002510.jpg  
Old 08-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Streetglow remote

I installed the package (red) on my CBR 1000F. I took the placements that yal put on here and tried to get as close to what you did. I also order the remote that makes them flash too. I went to the cruiseing spot last nite and the lights did not work. On the way home I pressed the butten and they worked . I cleaned up the bike today and check all the wiring and no rubbin to short out. Does anyone have the remote and could it have been the heat? Thanks

Last edited by Indiana Hurricane; 08-09-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 PM

so you people are saying I can just get one kit and it should do my whole bike ?
I've wanted to for a while but I was under the impression that I needed 2 full kits at like 100 a pop..... not cheap for lights....

-Lee

Old 08-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default remote

I went back out to check the led lite, they did not work. Took the remote stuck in in the freezer for a few minutes and the leds worked normal. The bike didn't move the temp was the same for the bike. The remote is all I did. It has to be the remote, I am calling streetglow tomorrow. I will let yal know what they say. I love these lites and the effect from them.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by jacked600
so you people are saying I can just get one kit and it should do my whole bike ?
-Lee

Yes. One Street Glow kit is PLENTY. That's what's on mine. In fact, I left off the plate lights cuz I thought they were tacky.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 PM

These are all sick, but I am somewhat of a new rider and I would like to install some effex on my bike down the road. But...I hardly know anything about wires and installation and stuff, is it something i can dish out to the dealer to perform??

Old 08-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by 04_CBR_600rr
These are all sick, but I am somewhat of a new rider and I would like to install some effex on my bike down the road. But...I hardly know anything about wires and installation and stuff, is it something i can dish out to the dealer to perform??
It's easy work, and a shop would be retarded to turn it down. I see no reason why they couldn't do it for you for an hour's labor. You might want to tell them where you want the lights, though.

Quick Reply: LED ground affect light placement