Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Track Day 2021?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 09:59 AM
Welcome crew
Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts

Track Day Update:

From yesterday: Heading to Summit Point! It's only 20 minutes away, so not really a long journey...

On track! A few things about this pic:
1. The guy in front of me was on an Indian Flat Tracker and it was bad-***!
2. There was an auto track day going on next to our track and it sounded like someone was on the verge of having an accident all day long, i.e. constant tire squealing. Pretty bad-***!
3. This was the first time I fell in love with a track and felt like the bike and I "meshed". Came soooo close to dragging my knee throughout the day and, while I know that's not a true indicator of anything, still to have that experience would be pretty... bad-***!
4. To confirm the first part of #3, I got bumped from Novice to Rookie and got some really great feedback from a couple of the riding coaches. Being just a few weeks shy of 53, I'll take it!
5. By the end of the day, I was exhausted. My helmet and leathers were nothing short of just plain gross with sweat!
6. It was a gorgeous day overall, hot and humid but there was a breeze, we had a spot along a tree line which helped with afternoon shade, and last, but not least, I found a small raspberry patch and harvested a few handfuls throughout the day!

Edit: Totally forgot to add that they always do a prize drawing at the beginning of the day and I got picked for a free track day! Gotta say that, too, was straight up bad-***! Lol!

Credit to the wife and youngest daughter for helping me get set up, taking pics, keeping me hydrated, and helping me get packed up at the end!