West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

San Diego, CA & Hawthorne, CA (USA) Bike Nights

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego, CA & Hawthorne, CA (USA) Bike Nights

Wow, I had such a great time last night! I started out by heading South to San Diego for the Good Tymez Motorcycle Club bike night, and their gracious host & sponsor, respectively, Dave and Buster's and Z90.3 FM. Good turnout for their inaugural bike night kick off. Word is, they're going to try and do this once a month, so if you're in the area, you might want to check it out. Dave and Buster's located at 2931 Camino Del Rio North in San Diego. Okay, on to the show!

One thing I noticed was that a good number of the bikes had base stickers on them, so there was a healthy dose of US service folks showing up to have a good time, and the civilians were cool too. Extremely friendly crowd and I was able to just walk up to different folks and ask them about their bikes. No cliques here, my friends, just enthusiasts who love their bikes and don't mind telling you about their pride and joy. After everyone arrived, they were ushered into a private room where a DJ from Z90.3 spun the tunes and did a raffle, and there was a MotoGP race on the projection screen for entertainment. Really great setup!

I've posted a few pics below and the rest are located here:

and this is the most precious photo of the bunch. This little guy was extremely polite; when I introduced myself, he stuck out his hand and gave a firm shake, then said, "I wanna ride!!!" and jumped on his Mom's bike for a photo. I caught him mid "cheeeesssse"

Anyway folks, like I said...great bike night in San Diego and not a bad way to spend a few hours on a Wednesday night. Great people, outstanding food (I loved the Greek Salad), and just plain fun! Go check it out!

Well, after spending some time with the folks in San Diego, I had rolled back to El A at a "spirited" pace to catch up to my usual haunt, Hawthorne Bike Night. When I arrived, folks were leaving, but it was still a packed house. It must be getting warmer

A few snaps below and the rest of the photos are here:

Old 03-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Default RE: San Diego, CA & Hawthorne, CA (USA) Bike Nights

That looks pretty cool...I had second thoughts because of the area.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Default RE: San Diego, CA & Hawthorne, CA (USA) Bike Nights

I see a lot of Suzuki's