CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Track Techniques (https://cbrforum.com/forum/track-techniques-90/)
-   -   How to brake/accelerate/turn entering and leaving a corner (https://cbrforum.com/forum/track-techniques-90/how-brake-accelerate-turn-entering-leaving-corner-114413/)

SethCbr247 07-27-2010 03:22 PM

How to brake/accelerate/turn entering and leaving a corner

What is the proper way to enter a corner and shift while turning through it(if you are even suppose to)? Are you suppose to hit the rear brake to control the speed? Just wondering.

Thanks.

raylee 07-28-2010 12:01 AM

Can of worms question, but your best bet is to pick up a copy of Twist of the Wrist 2 in book or DVD form... the DVD's easier to get since they show video examples, but the books a bit more comprehensive, imo.

If you're shifting in a corner, you're going to want to be as smooth as possible. Depends on the corner and depends on the speed you're carrying through it.

The rear brake is controversial. Some say it adds enough additional braking power to warrant its use, some say it's useless as hard enough front braking will make it completely useless and recently i've heard that using the rear brake after front braking before entering a corner will help settle the suspension better and get you into that "sweet" spot of suspension travel.

Taking a corner on a bike is a really loaded question so just check out that book/dvd, take some courses if you feel like/can afford them, and practice what you've learned.

(951) Baby Shortee 07-28-2010 12:33 AM

An easy way to explain it is - Slow, Look, Press, Roll.

Slow- Do all your braking and slow down before you enter the curve
Look- Turn your head to look through the curve
Press- Press on the handle bars to steer through the curve
Roll- Roll on the throttle to accelerate through the curve.

Rinse, Repeat.

SethCbr247 07-29-2010 02:26 AM

Rite on.

thanks for the info guys. Second question, what method of wheelies do you prefer power or clutch?

BeHyper 11-16-2010 12:42 AM

How about trail braking?

brveagle 11-16-2010 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by BeHyper (Post 988217)
How about trail braking?

aka, brake late and hard and then gradually let off the brakes gradually as you enter the corner...

BDT 11-16-2010 02:40 PM

This has to be a troll.

You don't even know how to corner and you're asking about wheelies? If you aren't trolling this will end badly, take the MSF course immediately.

sparkman 11-16-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by BeHyper (Post 988217)
How about trail braking?

BeHyper, in the dark blue bar near the top of the page is the word "search". Click on that, then type in: trail braking. Next thing ya know there will be a butt load of info about braking.

BDT, I was thinking something along those same lines. I noticed he only posted 3 times and hasn't been back. Makes me wonder what ever happened to good ol' Seth? Perhaps wheelies before knowing how to ride didn't work out so good for him. Hope he's OK.

Kuroshio 11-16-2010 04:30 PM

*sniff* *sniff*... I smell Stale Thread :icon_eek:

I'm gonna close this one before it stinks up the place. If you want to know about trail braking, start a new thread on it.