Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Track days? England

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track days? England

ok I'm fairly new to the 600 and I'm loving it, my cornering is coming along nicely but I'm a bit hit and miss with it,
been watching videos to see what is wrong but unless ur out trying i don't think I'm gonna find out.
i don't want to risk pushing it on the roads but the track seems very expensive, plus different bike, race licence, risk of killing my daily (if used), you get my point... is there a cheap way to get on the track or find a really good practice area where I'm less likely to find a 4x4 on my side of the road?

thanks

Kieran
south east england

Old 09-13-2012, 06:15 AM

Mate, I'm in exactly the same position. Keen to get on the track to get my cornering nailed, knee down etc. Looks like we are from the same area, I live between Romford and Colchester. If I find anything will let you know.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered Users

hi chris I'm from canterbury, so ur only about a hour or so from me i think, I've been practicing a lot more and it has helped (watch twist of the wrist 2) but yeah would love to get on the track, I'm getting my knee down now but really need more time trying or on constant corners etc.

K

Old 12-27-2012, 12:54 AM

I've been looking at Silverstone track days

Bike Track Days | Silverstone

Full GP circuit @ £179 for Novice track day users. I'm definitely gonna be doing this in 2013, I've no idea what the insurance will be for the day as I'll be using my own CBR600RR, But I've heard maybe around £150 for the day

Old 01-12-2013, 04:22 PM

Guys, bite the bullet and go on the track. You don't need insurance and you don't need to spend £179. You can do track evenings for as little as £55 at Cadwell though not local to you. This fear of crashing I hear all the time. You will only go as fast as you twist the throttle, no different to the road. It's is safer than riding on the road and the best place to learn. I do around 20 track days a year and in 18 years of track days I have been knocked off once by someone else. Go and do it!

Old 01-13-2013, 06:10 AM

I was looking at this site, some very tempting prices

Motorcycle Track Days Calendar for UK Circuits | UK Bike Track Days

Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 AM

I am involved in running a charity airfield riding day once a year at RAF Waddington near Lincoln. We use the airfield perry tracks and runway which are all in good fettle as its operational. This years event is on Saturday 11th May 2013. It will probably be the usual £55 for the day. The circuit is 4.3 miles long with an awesome straight that you can top out on, I got 189mph last year on my ZX10R. The circuit is very ssfe with loads of run off all around. We use a an accredited motorsport organiser to run and insure the event and have full paramedic cover etc. It runs just like a trackday format in a friendly atmosphere with loads of space. Have a look on Youtube and search under "Waddington Session" or "Waddington trackday" or Waddington ARD 2011" and have a look at what the circuit provides. All our money raised goes to RAFA and the Lincolnshire Air Ambulance. The day sees a lot of novice or first time trackdayers attend as well as fast road riders and racers. Let me know if you want to come, folk come from all over for it. Photographer, tyre suspension services and catering is all laid on, very cheap fast day, have a look on Youtube.

Last edited by robbosliding; 01-23-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:15 AM

Keiran your slap bang in the middle of some great tracks.
try brands hatch you wont regret it. You can push your bike further than you thought possible on the road. also most trackday organisers will have an instructor available for help. my first time ever on track was way back in early 90s. was on track with rob mac who was on loctite yamaha testing.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 PM

I did Caldwell last year for my first and loved every minute of it in fact iv booked another 3 for this year at Caldwell you can camp over which I didn't do last time but going to do this time so your not messing in the morning. The only reason I went on track was because of my lack of cornering ability first few laps round and I was shaking after first few session your trying if not already getting your knee down, all I did was make sure tyre pressure are ok and just picked a few corners where I know I could get right down and o yes on the last 3 session the knee was down after the first time you just seem to do it without thinking about it.
After doing the track day I would recommend it to anyone even if your a steady rider to insanity crazy it's a good day and a good laugh I went on my own in the end because my mate backed out which he kicks himself everyday after he saw the pro pics that get taken on track,
Even if to didn't want to do a full at they do afternoon sessions for like £50 well worth it.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by robbosliding
I am involved in running a charity airfield riding day once a year at RAF Waddington near Lincoln. We use the airfield perry tracks and runway which are all in good fettle as its operational. This years event is on Saturday 11th May 2013. It will probably be the usual £55 for the day. The circuit is 4.3 miles long with an awesome straight that you can top out on, I got 189mph last year on my ZX10R. The circuit is very ssfe with loads of run off all around. We use a an accredited motorsport organiser to run and insure the event and have full paramedic cover etc. It runs just like a trackday format in a friendly atmosphere with loads of space. Have a look on Youtube and search under "Waddington Session" or "Waddington trackday" or Waddington ARD 2011" and have a look at what the circuit provides. All our money raised goes to RAFA and the Lincolnshire Air Ambulance. The day sees a lot of novice or first time trackdayers attend as well as fast road riders and racers. Let me know if you want to come, folk come from all over for it. Photographer, tyre suspension services and catering is all laid on, very cheap fast day, have a look on Youtube.
Hey rob how do you get involved I live in Barton upon Humber so this sounds right up my street

Quick Reply: Track days? England