CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Track Days & Riding Schools (https://cbrforum.com/forum/track-days-riding-schools-45/)
-   -   f4i & rearsets (https://cbrforum.com/forum/track-days-riding-schools-45/f4i-rearsets-63623/)

stx 03-27-2008 06:55 AM

f4i & rearsets

I was wondering if any of you guys run stock rearsets on your f4i on the track, have heard that they may cause clearance issues. I sighned up for a couple of track days at pocono with tpm, wondering if I can get away with the stock the first couple of days.

Jaybird180 03-27-2008 08:25 AM

RE: f4i & rearsets

I still run stock. No clearance issues. But then again, I have good suspension, proper for my weight.

rogcbr 04-04-2008 02:58 PM

I run stock rearsets. First couple days you should be fine. I didn't start scraping hard parts until just my last track day, so I just adjusted my body position to keep the bike more upright. My suspension is not set, maybe I should do that myself.

kneepuck oo envy 04-29-2008 09:09 AM

i have yet to go to the track, but with twisties, i used to drag knee and pegs...i removed the feeler after the first time, but still scraped...then, it got to the point where it was a normal occurance so i just got some rearset risers that put them 1" up and 1" back and it has seemed to solve it for the time being (havent had the opportunity to go hard with them yet)...running stock suspension that hasnt been properly dialed in yet...it all really depends on your susp and riding style too...

krash 04-29-2008 02:24 PM

I weigh 180lbs, and with stock suspension I was dragging the pegs alot before I learned better body positioning. After I learned to get off the bike more, I was good for awhile, and as I got faster Istarted dragging them again (and my toes alot-even when on the balls of my feet)

I recently swapped all my stock springs for stiffer onesand went to woodcraft rearsets, Ihavent even come close to dragging them on the street, and my first trackday with them is in a couple of weekends down at Barber. I dont think I will be dragging them.

You should be good on the track as long as you have good body position.

Jaybird180 04-30-2008 03:56 PM

Congrats on the springs

Barber.......Who's that with?

krash 04-30-2008 05:00 PM

STT--posted in reply to your comments on the other thread.

a little nervous about the intermediate class becuase yes, you select your own level

Tahoe SC 04-30-2008 05:19 PM

hahaha...i think you'd be fine...if you a danger to others, then they'll throw you back down to beginner.

krash 04-30-2008 08:43 PM

its not really me Im worried about, its more the jack*ss that may come up under me too hot and take us both out thinking he Checca and out to win the "trackday championship" or something

Jaybird180 05-01-2008 04:58 PM

Yeah, you gotta watch out for those trackday racers.