Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelies

Now i know i should have posted a hwile back in the wheelies post, but i've been trying and trying and i just can't get second gear sit downs...I get the revs up, like 5-7 i let off the throttle to squat the front, slam it , and i just can't seem to get it up...I have a pcIII and two brothers full system,,...i should have no problem, I don't know what i'm doin wrong...first gear i can get it up, but the balance point is where i have some problems, theres a mental block i keep thinking i'm gonna flip it...i know there infamous for goin back on you...any help?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Default RE: Wheelies

clutch it up.... search for how to clutch one up it is all over this forum.... you have a 929 you should be able to clutch it up..... then learn stand ups.... search for that too

Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 PM

I have a 929, you need to clutch that sucker up, its cake, and rev that sucker a lot higher, like 8k to 10k, slide to the back of your seat, it will shoot to the balance point, and then you will be good to go. I just got over the flipping fear recently, once your at the BP, its feels like your going to flip over, thats right where you want to be, but defiantly pratice riding out your wheelies before going up that high, or else you will flip. Good luck

Old 08-13-2006, 05:48 PM

If you have a 954 and you cant get it to come up with just throttle than there is something wrong with your bike. I use a 600 and it will come up in third.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:36 AM

doing a wheelie is like not wanting to look at something GROSE, but you cant help yourself. you know what i mean???? i want to do it, and be able to do it whenver i want, but i cant get the courage to try it. whats the best advise on a first time wheelier? how should i attempt the first time?

Old 08-17-2006, 03:32 AM

Do not take my advice!

But while my bike was 1 mile away from miles and miles of country roads, I drank two beers, took the fairings off, and practiced for about an hour. The next night, the same thing, but only one beer I think. The two beers was all it took. Then once I got used to it, I can do em on command, and yes, without any beers. I think it was all mental, but the beers gave me the ***** to start off.

But like I said, don't take my advice! I was literaly in the middle of nowhere the first week or so of practice.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Black

Do not take my advice!

But while my bike was 1 mile away from miles and miles of country roads, I drank two beers, took the fairings off, and practiced for about an hour. The next night, the same thing, but only one beer I think. The two beers was all it took. Then once I got used to it, I can do em on command, and yes, without any beers. I think it was all mental, but the beers gave me the ***** to start off.

But like I said, don't take my advice! I was literaly in the middle of nowhere the first week or so of practice.
LOL thats awesome HAHA

but seriously if you are questioning how you should get up the courage to do a wheelie you shouldn't be worried about doing them. But if you really want it that bad there is a really good chance your gonna wreck. If you want to start doing them just take it slow, I have had my F4i for about 6 or 7 months and have almost 6000 miles on it and I just started standups last month or so, but have been wheeling it since about 100 miles after I got it, but I was used to riding. You have to get comfortable, but not over confident you have to RESPECT the bike and if you don't the f**ker will probably hurt you pretty bad

Thats just my .02

-Jesse-

Old 08-17-2006, 11:20 AM

I have been driving for a while now and want to start pulling wheelies too.

I feel that I am now comfortable driving on two wheels but it takes some ***** to get used to one.

When I first learned to drive on my 500 Ninja about 3 years ago I tried once by popping the clutch to do my first ever wheelie. Not that I had the ***** to do it, but more that I didnt know what the bike would do, how it felt, or what I was supposed to do. Lets just say it was the first and only time I tried on that bike. I started from a standstill... went way too high up for comfort and came down with my first and only (although mild) tankslapper....I thought I was going to dump the bike and found out that day the God does exist.

Maybe that experiance has made me a little scared to push myself really hard but I am just taking an approach to do them slow and steady. I just use first gear to pop it up a little at a time to and from work. It seems to be coming pretty slow but hopefully once I get used to pulling them up I will be able to take it to the next step.

As for having a few beer and trying to pull wheelies... It sure does take away your fear! I do not advise doing this either because although last weekend I did pop the best wheelies of my life, the next day I was truly scared about how fearless I was the night before.

I want to keep my bike intact but I do not think my good friend Al. Cohol has the same passion for keeping it damage free. I wont let him ride it again. He can stay inside and watch from the window.

Jesse

Old 08-17-2006, 05:35 PM

but seriously if you are questioning how you should get up the courage to do a wheelie you shouldn't be worried about doing them. But if you really want it that bad there is a really good chance your gonna wreck. If you want to start doing them just take it slow, I have had my F4i for about 6 or 7 months and have almost 6000 miles on it and I just started standups last month or so, but have been wheeling it since about 100 miles after I got it, but I was used to riding. You have to get comfortable, but not over confident you have to RESPECT the bike and if you don't the f**ker will probably hurt you pretty bad
Exactly.

Take a season, take some twisties. Practice emergency stops from all different speeds (40 to 140). Lock up the rear brake a few times a month. Go WOT in 1st and 2nd. Ride on some gravel and dirt.

LEARN YOUR BIKE. Then try the tricks next season. Its not like they will be more or less illegal next spring lol. There's no hurry.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM

good reply....you have to be comfortable on your bike before you take it to the extreme...it may sound corny, but i see so many people that ride around and look completely uncomfortable on their bike. When i get on mine, it feels like a part of me.

Quick Reply: Wheelies