Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

What do I need to get started??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to get started??

Got an 01' F4i, and i really wanna start stuntin. I was wondering what type of cages and 12 o'clock bars anyone might recommend, and weather or not they are simple to install myself. I also want to be able to use the bike for commuting, and the usual outings. Will the cage get in the way as far as everyday riding goes? Are thereany other protective items the bike will need other than the cage and the bar? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Err
Default RE: What do I need to get started??

imo, get a sick innovations cage (www.sickinnovations.com). i have one on my 9hundo and its diesel. it won't get in the way of your daily riding. cages are easy to install, all you need is some basic hand tools.

**** the 12 bar, its cooler to scrape tail....

make sure to bypass your tip over sensor. if you don't, you'll have a chance of the bike cutting out on you when you get it up real high.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:58 AM

Rad! I really like the style of those. Should i fighter this **** out or what?

Old 01-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Err

thats completely up to you. if you go sf, it'll save your plastics, then when you're good enough you can put them back on. if you stay ff then your plastics won't make it.

OR you could sell your minty plastics, make a good amount of money and buy some ratty plastics for cheap. then you have some extra money you can spend on parts that you need to replace.

i'm currently sf, but i will return to ff when i get my f4i.

get yourself a Moose Racing Ultimate Clutch lever while you're getting your **** setup, you'll thank me later...i guarantee it

Old 01-11-2007, 06:48 PM

please dont streetfighter your bike and throw the cage and 12 bar on there, and then roll around not even being able to wheelie. We have a couple of those guys around here, and they get made fun of constantly.

Obviously a cage is a good idea. From what I've learned, FI is the way to go for an F4i. Although I havent heard much about sick innovations.

I would say dont worry about streetfightering it, your gonna **** **** up no matter what, and you get more respect riding a FF bike.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:32 PM

Great! thanks for the ideas, yeah as for now i only wanna cage it just for over all motorcycle protection. i have an old ****ty set of side plastics so ill be using those. as for 12 bars and such not yet, like you said i need to perfect wheelies first. I got first gears down , and im feelin out 2nd gear clutchin right now. well not RIGHT now. But i have a feelin im gonna start droppin the little feller soon so as much protection as possible is what im goin for. Thanks Homies

Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Err

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

...and you get more respect riding a FF bike.
pfft...

Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 PM

+ 1000 on sick innovations cage. i have one on my 600RR and it is as solid as the come. plenty of high sided 180 stoppies and falls from 12 o'clock and it is still straight as ever. i dont havea 12 bar b/c like it was said b4 dragging tail or in my case exhaust is just cooler. you can put the cage and bar on yourself but it wouldnt hurt to have an extra set of hands for help. i rock full fairing but im just not a fan of the SF look. all my plastics are scrattched, cracked, and held on with zip ties but it still looks better than SF to me. you might want to invest in a set of zero degree clip ons or DB bars too.i use the FI zero degree clip ons b/c i dont like the feel of DB bars on astreet bike. my $0.02

Old 01-12-2007, 12:36 AM

Are there any website i can check for the zero degree clip ons or the db bars?

Old 01-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Make sure you get an oil pick up or else you'll bust your motor if you ride at balance point. Try getting a bigger sprocket in the back to make it easier to bring the front wheel up, a 12 bar is just good once your good at wheelies then you can do tricks on the bar..

Quick Reply: What do I need to get started??