Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

what am I doing wrong

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what am I doing wrong

I was clutching up pretty good, then I got a new back tire and I can't clutch up that good anymore. People always say don't chop it but I got it open all the way and when I clutch up. Now I'm barley getting it up. And I'm doing the samething as befor so what's up?

Old 10-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Default RE: what am I doing wrong

i love these threads

Old 10-20-2007, 07:57 AM

LOL

+1 ^^

you need a power commander III

just practice man, and read the how-to.
https://cbrforum.com/m_126364/tm.htm

Old 10-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need more practice

(its not the tires fault)

Old 10-22-2007, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: 929upinit

I was clutching up pretty good, then I got a new back tire and I can't clutch up that good anymore. People always say don't chop it but I got it open all the way and when I clutch up. Now I'm barley getting it up. And I'm doing the samething as befor so what's up?
I'mhoping since it's 10/22 now you no longer have the problem. (New tire) If you have 50 milesor more on it & still have the problem try droping the tire pressure1 lb at a time till you feel a change. You need to stop raging on the clutch or your going to have the same problem sooner or later with a more expensive fix.
Try hitting it in first & let it come up too fast. When it doe's let off, change gears& get back on it before the front thoches down. You want to be getting back on the throttle when the bike is headed back down too fast to sustain the wheelie.Your not going for distance or hight. It's about timing for now.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 PM

^^ WTF? Yeah, i dont know about all that.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 PM

Eventually your going towant to be able to stall it out enough to back off the throttle and change gears. Otherwise you will always be a stand up comedian. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Err

huh?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: flatlander
I'mhoping since it's 10/22 now you no longer have the problem. (New tire) If you have 50 milesor more on it & still have the problem try droping the tire pressure1 lb at a time till you feel a change. You need to stop raging on the clutch or your going to have the same problem sooner or later with a more expensive fix.
Try hitting it in first & let it come up too fast. When it doe's let off, change gears& get back on it before the front thoches down. You want to be getting back on the throttle when the bike is headed back down too fast to sustain the wheelie.Your not going for distance or hight. It's about timing for now.
ORIGINAL: flatlander

Eventually your going towant to be able to stall it out enough to back off the throttle and change gears. Otherwise you will always be a stand up comedian. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
What the hell are you talking about? Why not bring it up(in whatever gear you need for the speed youre going) and get it straight to BP. Then you dont have to worry about shifting because you wont be at redline chasing balance point

Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM

I confess, I never learned standing up & now I'm too old to learn new tricks.
I don'tbounce worth a crap anymore but I have my fun going through the gears with the angle in my favor.I usually ride with about a quarter throttleand around 70mph I'll flert with the BP cause I'm comfortablewith the angle caused by the wind force. My best is short of a mile. So yes I am a hack & have no business giving advice.It could be worse though. I could be another hardly rider.
I understand the phobia a lot of people have about changing gears.
When I'm hitting it down the road I can up shiftwithout the clutch smooth as glass. But every time I bring it up with one hand .
(the bestbenefit of the *** where it should be tecknique) I always use the clutch to catch second.

Quick Reply: what am I doing wrong