Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

STAND UP"S HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STAND UP"S HELP!!!

Darius also had rich parents to help with the relief efforts after huge wrecks.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if youre worried about wrecking your bike find a new hobby.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: rabbit

Darius also had rich parents to help with the relief efforts after huge wrecks.
darius may come from a wealthy fam... but they dont bail him out. thats one of the most popular bandwagons people like to jump on.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly. and money cant buy skill or the ***** to pull some of the **** he does money just grants him the time he needs to get better. it was his choice to spend time getting sick

Old 08-01-2007, 01:55 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Maybe it was just the wording, i dunno, hard to really explain. But for everything i have learned i never left what i felt to be my comfort zone. Yes it took me longer then some people care to wait, but i just took baby steps for every trick or even track experience i had. IMO you can take it slow and baby step, what happens is your comfort level progresses higher and higher so that you are doing better but still are in that zone. I am not completely disagreeing or trying to say your wrong, nor do i think this is the best or fastest way to learn, i just think its another option.
I know what both of you are saying, your comfort zone has grown with your baby steps. But most of the time learning stunts you have to leave your comfort zone if not on purpose, on accident to learn the ****. I learned where balance point was by accidentally going out of my comfort zone, as I am sure that is how it happens with most people. Some peoples comfort zone is bigger then other peoples, thats why I am in a town with a bunch of wanna be power wheelieing bastards when I am doing spreaders downtown. Because I am not a ***** and had to say, if i want to learn spreaders I have to
1. sit on the tank ( most people are scared to even do that)!!!
2. spread my legs (don't even think about it you homo's)
3. clutch it up ( most people are scared to do that)!!!
4. nod at the bitches while doing it ( most people do that anyways )
Inside the warm and cozy comfort zone isn't the place to stay when you are going to stunt. But you can't go being all crazy and dangerous and ****, thats how I wrecked my bike.... hope that helped somebody...later
so if you are not willing to leave your comfort zone a little at a time then screw it you may as well quit.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: twistatech

most of the time learning stunts you have to leave your comfort zone if not on purpose, on accident to learn the ****.
this is also how i learned where the balance point is. i'd always get my front wheel up a couple feet, enough that i felt like i'd accomplished something, but it was short-lived because if i wanted to ride the wheelie for more than a split second i had to keep accelerating to keep the wheel up. one day i gave it more throttle than i'd planned to, and i felt like i was going to fall off and watch my bike go scraping down the road while i was dragging on my ***, but much to my surprise, i didn't fall off, and i could ride the wheelie and maintain a constant speed. after several more times doing that, it just became second nature. now i'm stepping up from my 600 Katana to an '01 929RR, so i may have to start the learning curve over again (more power = more opportunity to f*** things up if i do it wrong), but at least this time i won't feel as uncomfortable doing it.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:04 PM

Back to stand ups...

Can someone please describe correct body position before clutching it up? Should legs/arms be straight? Do you lean forward/backward? When you drop the clutch and the bike jerks - do you hold on using handlebars or put all your weight on foot pegs (by leaning forward?) and keep hands relaxed?

Or you lift the wheel while sitting and stand up after?

Old 08-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Err

ORIGINAL: Daffy472

Back to stand ups...

Can someone please describe correct body position before clutching it up? Should legs/arms be straight? Do you lean forward/backward? When you drop the clutch and the bike jerks - do you hold on using handlebars or put all your weight on foot pegs (by leaning forward?) and keep hands relaxed?

Or you lift the wheel while sitting and stand up after?
yes, backward, try to stay relaxed and let the bike do the work.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:48 PM

not to change the subject but i almost always bounce the frt not clutch it up
when im tryin stand ups should i clutch or not i am just learning them too
and yes it is a weird feeling to me too but im getting it up just havent really got to the bp with
a stand up yet but i really want to learn them to b able to do 60 mph for say a mile or so
someday just for bragging rights lol

Old 09-03-2007, 10:08 PM

from what i understand, holding a wheelie at lower MPH is alot harder then stand-up BP's at 60mph (except for the wind resistance), so if you get the low end wheelies in bp and held -stand-up's at 60mph should be a walk in the park..

also buy a beater - it's about that time of the year to get the best deals on bikes, don't smack around your love - do it to your mistress muhaha

Quick Reply: STAND UP"S HELP!!!