Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

STAND UP"S HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STAND UP"S HELP!!!

I just cant get comfortable with stand ups on this bike, i had started trying them on my 600 with -1,+2 and was kinda getting the hang of it, but with this 1000RR i just have'nt ever been close to comfortable to advance with them. any advice?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: STAND UP"S HELP!!!

Try staggered, try both front pegs, if its comin up too fast try a higher gear. Or find the happiest combo for you and just do baby steps. I have had a few probs with certain things, i would just go to a empty lot and practice it 200 times a day, just going a bit more everyday. Next thing ya know a week or 2 later i would have it, and doing it at your own pace is much safer then just trying to rip it up when your heads not ready for it.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 AM

i would agree. i have stock gearing so first gear is even too fast for most parking lots. i usuly practice on well known empty back roads. 1st gear sit downs almost ballance at about 30-50 mph. 2nd gear sit downs on highway are real smooth and almost ballance for a long distance around 75-90mph. a bit too fast.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:02 AM

no stunt will ever feel comfortable in the beginning. you just gotta go for it.

you wont be able to learn new tricks if you stay in your safety zone.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:59 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: SoRAD

you wont be able to learn new tricks if you stay in your safety zone.

I respectfully disagree

Old 07-28-2007, 10:37 AM

so if you have a guy who wants to scrape really bad, but hes afraid to bring his bike up to the point where he cant see the road infront of him....... then how will he learn?

the same thing goes for the track. if a rider wont drag his knee because he is afraid of crashing. or lean into a turn instead of sitting neutral on his bike.....then he probably wont learn unless he gets out of hissafety zone.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:06 PM

I think what SoRad is tryin to say is you gotta get outta your "comfort zone", you knowwhere you feel all warm and fuzzy and you're just happy to be ridin? If you haven't pushed yourself, then you won't get better andlearn new limit's. I agree however that you must know your own limits,and stay within your safety zone, but I also agree that sometimes if you wanna learn to ride more aggressive you just gotta say f***k it, and get outta that comfort zone..step it up, and go big or go the f***k home.

CBR900RR

Old 07-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Maybe it was just the wording, i dunno, hard to really explain. But for everything i have learned i never left what i felt to be my comfort zone. Yes it took me longer then some people care to wait, but i just took baby steps for every trick or even track experience i had. IMO you can take it slow and baby step, what happens is your comfort level progresses higher and higher so that you are doing better but still are in that zone. I am not completely disagreeing or trying to say your wrong, nor do i think this is the best or fastest way to learn, i just think its another option.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Err

so if you have a guy who wants to scrape really bad, but hes afraid to bring his bike up to the point where he cant see the road infront of him....... then how will he learn?

the same thing goes for the track. if a rider wont drag his knee because he is afraid of crashing. or lean into a turn instead of sitting neutral on his bike.....then he probably wont learn unless he gets out of hissafety zone.
i respectfully agree

Old 07-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Err

i respectfully agree

the main reason my bike is so trashed right now is because i rode out of my comfort zone for so many days and wrecked so many times that i broke all kinds of **** now my fork seals are almost done and im ready to go back at it, i really wanna learn coasters by the fall. sometimes u just gotta say **** it and rock the ****, i believe darius said "when you stunt at first nothing is gonna feel right but u just gotta push thru that, sometimes u just gotta rock it"

Quick Reply: STAND UP"S HELP!!!