Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

so i did a wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i did a wheelie

am i a stunter now? just kidding tho.. 1st gear, little blip of the throttle got her up a bit then set it down nice and smooth. ha but damn 1st gear is gay.

just for curiosity.. when clutching it up. do yal dump the clutch or ride it outa bit to somewhat control how fast it comes up... on my old pit bike i just put it in 4th, dumped the clutch while bouncing the front a bit and it came up... only hit the BP on the pit bike a few times b/c the rear rim was bent and would wobble and run off the road ha

Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: so i did a wheelie

The only time i feather my clutch (or ride it out a bit as you put it) is when im picking up the bike from a dead stop. I am also certain im probably doing it wrong that way and will get called a newb, squid, or moron shortly. Any other time its a quick slip of the clutch whether in 1st gear or 3rd gear.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 AM

gotcha, im probally gonna give 2nd gear clutching it up a try in a staggared standing stance once it stops foookin raining here... Damn you George Bush and your weather machine, damn you!

whats a general rpm yal are reving up to? 10-13k? i tried it at 7k the other day and the suspension just unloaded but never came up on one. i was also sitting down when doing that

Old 07-26-2007, 09:42 AM

if u are staggered, get at about 6000 rpms and clutch it decently hard...should come right up as long as u stay in the throttle...just try notto pay toooo much attention to the gages, they cause mistakes

Old 07-26-2007, 11:11 AM

ya i know all about that i kinda have an idea of what each rpm sounds like.. do yal pre load the forks at all?so the rebound helps get the upward momentum going?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:54 AM

rpms have nothing to do with it, its how hard you get into the throttle that counts. The rpms should only go up like 2g's but, it all depends on how hard you are in the throttle, not how many rpms you are at. Its a feel thing, just start out small and then keep getting bigger. You want to pull in the clutch, rev it and dump the clutch in about 1sec. try it out, and dont worry about the rpms, they have nothing to do with it.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:54 AM

no pre-load here....just clutch it up and lean back slightly

Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Err

practice

Old 07-26-2007, 03:33 PM

well if the roads ever dry up ill give it a shot.
just since gettin up on one on a new bike takes some getting used to.. would there be any problems with leaning forward a bit to make sure i wont loop out? and should i stay in the staggard stance when setting it down or stand on the main foot pegs? or sit...

and just out of curiosity.. what causes front wheel shimmy when setting it down? when i was ripping thru 1st and 2nd the front came up a bit and when it set down it shook the bars pretty hard.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Err

practice

+1

theres alot of bs on this forum when it comes to stunts i know e and a few others seem to know what the deal is but anyone whos mentions rpms is not up to speed on how to really rock tha **** IMO

Quick Reply: so i did a wheelie