Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Second gear sit downs...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second gear sit downs...

I meant 45 as apposed to 30. Jeeze

Old 10-14-2007, 11:39 PM

wellarmedCr@cker,
some advice from a person fairly new to 2nd gear wheelies, I usually hold the throttle constant around 7k rpms, I stand up a little, bounce down and pull up, when I bounce down the clutch comes in, throttle the rpms up to about 11k (notice I said about, so I dont need JZ tellin me to tape my guages, also knowing what the rpms sound like) and when the suspension comes up from the bouce let the clutch out. The bouncing and clutching happens really quick, so its about timing, bounce down/clutch in....bounce comes up/clutch out..... when I release the clutch and the bike comes up I naturally just sit back down into the saddle, and just balance away and ride 'em. It takes a little practice and patience, and lots of 'bein careful not to loop it.' But you can still see over the top sittin down, even at BP. If you cant, just put your head to the side and look that way.... my bike is totally stock, besides FE and turn signals... so it can be done, i looked at this video... http://youtube.com/watch?v=bdw1oX-Socg and just made my bike do what he did in second gear. Hope this helps.... and be careful mang, very easy to loop it, so I would recommend when you slip the clutch, dont rev the rpms up to 11k, maybe a little less and get the feel of it, and when you get more comfortable w/ the bike coming up, rev it up to 11k and have fun.... if you still cant get the bike up, when you go to bounce, put your weight farther back, or just rev the engine up more when you clutch it. lemme know if this helps

Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 AM

WOW ^^^. don't listen to that guy....i mean come one, his avatar is a picture of himself standin next to the bike!

volcomrr, seriously, stop lookin at ur gauges, do not look at the gauges, u need to be lookin in front of you. and if you're scared of looping, learn and cover the back break.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 AM

I tell you what guys, its all about practice and not trying to do it in one day. But seriously this guys are right when they tell you its about feel. My 900 has no problem going up in first or second but my problem was having the ***** to find BP. This weekend I accidently found it and it felt good to just rock the trottle back and forth and actually have full control over the wheelie, I hope I have the ***** to do it again. What helped me is I have acsess to a quad 4 and I learned trottle control on that first. Practice,practice,practice. Thats all it takes. Johnny

Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 AM

Dirtytoes if you were any smarter you would have gotten the fact that I dont look at my guages:
knowing what the rpms sound like
But you can still see over the top sittin down
But whatever makes you feel good about yourself

Old 10-15-2007, 11:05 AM

wheelie is a feeling...for all those out there who are watching the guages, may god have mercy on u

Old 10-15-2007, 12:03 PM

you guys actually have gauges on your stunt bikes?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: n_hamby

wheelie is a feeling...for all those out there who are watching the guages, may god have mercy on u
You're right about watching the gauges, but I don't think anyone here said they actually watch them. Anyone who's ridin a while knows about what their bikes are doing by sound and feel. Sence my original post I've starting to get it up better in second. Practice is deffinatley the order of the day. And you have to grow some ***** and rock that **** for sure. I was kinda critical at first at some of the replys but that (rock that ****) pretty much sums it up.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: thomasintexas

Most peoples rides are street/stunt.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: thomasintexas

yea.... i like to change the idle around for different stuff

Quick Reply: Second gear sit downs...