Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

reliability of a plugged tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reliability of a plugged tire

I got a F'ing flat today as soon as I showed up at my buddys house for a ride. Anyway I ran to my work and got a kit and plugged the tire. I am familiar with car tires with plugs. I just dont know how safe a bike tire is w/ a plug. I was curious if any of you have had a tire plugged. How reliable is it? Im not planning to ride on it more than a couple times since i need a new one anyway. Getting married in 3 weeks and gotta wait till after to spring for it. I had a buddy that rocked one for a long *** time and I kept bugging him to get a new tire. Any suggestions for a new tire while im at it. I got Diablo's on it now. Recommended to replace in sets?

Old 07-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: reliability of a plugged tire

i stunt a plugged tire

Old 07-12-2007, 10:58 PM

me 2, it takes a day or so of no use to go flat

Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 AM

Just reading again, an article about running w/ plug. How fast were you going. what did it, what angle, age of tire, where on tire... then the big one...
Do you feel "lucky" The biggest problem, other than you CANNOT actual ever trust a plugged tire, like a unplugged one (reason... no dealer, will ever plug for you) IS... you cannot see the entire damage of a tire... period !!!!! Getting married, in 3 weeks... no time ,fora potential hospital stay now!!!! Hindsight is always 20/20... not worth it...IMHO.
Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 AM

its dead in the center. believe it or not it was a thin 1 inch piece of a stick. pretty small.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 AM

up until this last tire every one that i have ever run for the past two years had a plug in it. The last one had 2 plugs..haha I've never had a problem, and thats with bouncin off revlimiter in 6th gear. I'm not tellin you that its safe, just sharing my experience...as for new tires, Pilot Road on the back with a Pilot Power on the front.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:52 AM

Anyone have a good place to get tires from. Did a search but didnt come up with any places. Why the pilot road in the back?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:04 AM

nice and sticky tire but still lasts a long time....90% of the stunters at Stuntfest were runnin those tires.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: rippn

Just reading again, an article about running w/ plug. How fast were you going. what did it, what angle, age of tire, where on tire... then the big one...
Do you feel "lucky" The biggest problem, other than you CANNOT actual ever trust a plugged tire, like a unplugged one (reason... no dealer, will ever plug for you) IS... you cannot see the entire damage of a tire... period !!!!! Getting married, in 3 weeks... no time ,fora potential hospital stay now!!!! Hindsight is always 20/20... not worth it...IMHO.
Free and clean, Ripp'n
What freakin language is that supposed to be? Is there such a thing as grammer where it comes from?

Old 07-13-2007, 04:57 PM

me andand a bunch of guys from my area run continental tires....they are cheap ($125) and last forever...i do alot of burnouts and i dont go through all that often....for the money, i have found that its the best tire

Quick Reply: reliability of a plugged tire