Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

POS R6.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POS R6.....

I blew my rear tire the other day so im still waitin on my new one to ship and i had to borrow a ride to work, so my friend lemme take his R6

wheelies is a part of everyday drivin for me and i warmed up to his bike b4 trying any, but his clutch was just homo

my clutch lever is stiff... very stiff so im used to poppin it pretty hard, but his was different, it was adjusted fine... but it takes like the full squeeze to completely disengage the clutch

it made it feel really weird poppin it up in 1st , and i couldnt even hold it at bp cuz it was too drastic of a manouver to slightly clutch it

... not to mention his throttle goes for days, feels like i gotta twist that thing 360* just to be at WOT

summary of this pointless post... that thing was a piece and im still waiting on my Tires to ship [:@]

Old 08-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Default RE: POS R6.....

i dont think id ever ride a wheelie on someone elses bike.. or for that matter.. let anyone ride one on mine..

Old 08-21-2006, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: RiceRR

i dont think id ever ride a wheelie on someone elses bike.. or for that matter.. let anyone ride one on mine..

LOL Why?? I rode a friends bike (F3) for about 20 feet and clutched a wheelie LOL, then I did probably 5 more. He told me to do it, but if stunting is what your into it doesn't matter whos bike it is, if their cool with it I'll pull one up for them.

-Jesse-

Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Err

go pick up some used tires from your local shop!!!! they're FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:25 PM

actually i just got my tire this morn, but im still at work so ill have to go to honda tomorrow morn to get it mounted, they told me $40 if i brought my own tire, or $30 if i got the tire from them

seems reasonable

...but i tried out a pretty new tire, it suppose to be a "road race" tire so ill see how good it actually is, tread pattern on it is pretty sweet

Old 08-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

r6s do great wheelies....you just dont know what your doing lol

Old 08-22-2006, 07:30 AM

i do take back what i said.. i did let my buddy (who has a r6) ride a standup on my bike.... i think the reason i dont ride wheelies on anyone elses bike is becuase if i wreck it.. it will be parts not going towards my bike.. so ill stick wiht just my bike

Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Stunter Bob

r6s do great wheelies....you just dont know what your doing lol
i suppose u are a power wheelie man as well... go eat some pavment for breakfast

Old 08-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what love in here eh?

R6s DO do good wheelies...maybe your friend's bike was just a bit off or something?

I DO do power wheelies...I am learning cluth wheelies...do I need to eat pavement as well still?

Old 08-22-2006, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: JVracer04
it was adjusted fine... but it takes like the full squeeze to completely disengage the clutch

it made it feel really weird poppin it up in 1st , and i couldnt even hold it at bp cuz it was too drastic of a manouver to slightly clutch it

... not to mention his throttle goes for days, feels like i gotta twist that thing 360* just to be at WOT
[:@]
I couldnt disagree with you more. the r6 is a great bike for wheelies. if the clutch lever took a full squeeze, then it needs adjusting it only takes a 1/4 pull to disengage a clutch. Ive never had a problem with a (r6) throttle that needs a full twist for WOT. Actually the F4I needs more twist than an r6(dont believe me? ask riders who are not bias) and If you cant hold BP, you need to practice more.

Adjust the rider, not the bike.