Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

ok so....

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ok so....

so im clutching from around 1 or 2 mph maybe andi can clutch as high as i want to from this or almost a dead stop, hell i can even catch idle off the launch and scrape till i stop and fall over, but i cannot get this rear brake **** down so that i can rock these 5mph standups at bp, i either get up nearbp and let off too much and come down, not hard or anything but still, or i get up past bp catch idle float backand scrape. and sometimes i get up past bpand kinda hang there then come down, mostly because i always forget rear brake but im getting better,i realize all i need is practice but im just lookin to make sure im still doin good, i just realized tonight that the reason im scraping when i do is because ive come up past bp and caught idle meaning i have no engine brake and since rear brake has not become a reflex yet i just scrape for 10-20 feet fall over pick the bike up and do it again, i guess thats good cause im really not afraid to come all the way back anymore, nor am i afraid of fallin, cause i fall about 3 or 4 times every session, it also seems like sometimes when i get to bp i catch idle and maybe stall? or is it because im not quite at bp and ive let off so much that i catch idle and it comes down? i just broke my front brake lever AGAIN, and my left front footpeg saturday, and im gonna rock it anyway tomarrow, but does it sound like im still on the right track? cause i really think ive almost got this ****, im just kinda frustrated but that just makes me wanna practice that much more, but like i said am i still doin on the right track or what, i had a pic but dickface never sent it to me, my bar was about 3-6 inches from hitting i wish hed sent that **** so i could post it, any tips or advice, i think im gonna turn my idle up higher tomarrow so i catch it a lil easier and just practice pure rear brake untill i brake something or get too tired,

Old 05-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ok so....

i'm confused about ur entire post...wat exactly is ur question?

old_man_roger... "don't use idle as a crutch for ****ty throttle control...leave ur idle @ stock and learn throttle control"

but if you don't wanna listen to his advice...don't turn ur idle up to anymore than 3k....

p.s. why are u falling after scraping for 10-20 feet?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:24 AM

If ur just tryin to learn rear brake then u know what to do...practice practice practice. Clutch it up to bp and cover the rear brake. Clutch it up to bp and cover the rear brake, over and over and over till it just gets normal. Before i crashed mine i was just doin throttle control but im makin it a point to learn rear brake as well. Just get on it and u will learn just like doin everything else

Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 AM

im not taking my idle above 3k if that by turn my idle up i mean just a lil bit, im fallin after a scrape cause im at idle when i scrape and i forget to hit the brake lol and since im at idle i dont have no engine brake, ill get that brake down soon i got a feelin a week from now ill be like wtf was my issue

Old 05-08-2007, 02:08 PM

not having the fear of looping is a huge step. i was in the same boat as you once. just talk yourself through it before you let the clutch out. make sure your thinking about that foot brake once you catch idle. thats just what worked for me. its all in seat time. dont get mad if you dont get it the 1st thousand times. that will only make things worse.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:09 PM

oh ya, if you think you need to turn your idle up then try it. choppy throttle control can always be fixed.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 AM

nah **** the idle, that fear of looping is almost gone for the most part but when i get up high it lingers cause i have no confidence in my brake control yet, i will have this **** soon **** typing im goin riding