Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Help doing a Switchback

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help doing a Switchback

Do any of you know how to do a switchback? I have an 00 CBR F4. How do you turn around the easiest? I have a choke so I can put that on to keep the bike moving. I do have a Corbin seat on it so this does make it a little harder. If you can do one please tell me step by step where to put each foot and my hands to turn around backwards, and to get back to normal. I'm scared that I'm gonna get backwards fine and not be able to get back (that would be scary as ****[sm=helpout.gif])! Also, can you steer the bike while backwards?

Old 08-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Err
Default RE: Help doing a Switchback

you have a f4 and you're asking about buying a new bike? just stunt that bitch.....

Old 08-05-2007, 11:07 AM

get to a stable speed, then whilst cruising, with left hand on tank, right hand on rear seat, sort of stand up on rearset with a spinning motion to the right, as you are lifting up, u spin your body to the right, and land your **** on the tank..like a twisting motion...by then you should put your left hand on rear seat and right hand on tank.....your body should be facing backwards, but your face towards front....now to get back just do it in reverse....and yes you can steer the bike when you are facing backwards.....

Remember dont do it too slow(bike speed)as the faster you go the more stable you will be....
Also park your bike on a race stand and practice the move over and over whilst the bike is parked, until you can do the spin move with confidence before you try it whilst moving......Practice whilst on the stand over and over, until you can do it without upseting the bike....get a feel for it in the driveway on a stand first....

Old 08-06-2007, 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: DrDRFT

get to a stable speed, then whilst cruising, with left hand on tank, right hand on rear seat, sort of stand up on rearset with a spinning motion to the right, as you are lifting up, u spin your body to the right, and land your **** on the tank..like a twisting motion...by then you should put your left hand on rear seat and right hand on tank.....your body should be facing backwards, but your face towards front....now to get back just do it in reverse....and yes you can steer the bike when you are facing backwards.....

Remember dont do it too slow(bike speed)as the faster you go the more stable you will be....
Also park your bike on a race stand and practice the move over and over whilst the bike is parked, until you can do the spin move with confidence before you try it whilst moving......Practice whilst on the stand over and over, until you can do it without upseting the bike....get a feel for it in the driveway on a stand first....
Thank you this will help a lot...good detail!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:38 AM

switch backs will be scarey till u lock them up!
i do think doing them on a stand first is def a good idea!
but i will tell you how i do them......get the bike up to speed like at least 40 or more throw the bike in nutral stand on pegs, spin around and get your *** on the tank backwards while holding on with at least one hand!....now for the worst part LET GO!! tada switchback! also it helps to run a damper turned up because altho u can steer, u wont be able to do this at first everything is backwards! hope this helps some things are just sort of hard to explain!!

Old 08-17-2007, 09:37 AM

I weigh like 220 lbs, do you think if i buy a stand it will hold all my weight jumping around like that? I heard Pitbull was the bestbrand...is this true?