Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

foaming

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 04:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foaming

has anyone filled the empty space with expanding foam for balance?

Old 08-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Err
Default RE: foaming

what?????

Old 08-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ddvs

has anyone filled the empty space with expanding foam for balance?
The empty space where? Whatchew-tokkin-bout-willis??

Old 08-27-2006, 08:05 PM

no... thad be pretty dumb, and whatever piece of metal u spray that on would rust in a weeks time, cuz the chemicals in that stuff will eat the paint away anyways

Old 08-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Err

whats he talking about????

Old 08-27-2006, 10:02 PM

I believe he is talking about that expanding foam spray sold at like home depot, lowes etc. It comes in these aerosol like cans usually with a little tube hanging off for application. Spraying it on the inside of the body panels etc for whatever reason. Sounds like a silly idea to me but <shrug> wtf do I know. Other than it'd add some weight and since I've used the stuff alot in my passed job as a hot tub service tech I can tell you the stuff does NOT apply consistantly so doing it for "balance" or whatever sounds like a bad idea to me. Another thing to consider is, It IS insulation, so it might contribute to overheating more if not careful. Like I said in my oppinion, it's not a good idea. Your body should be what is used to balance the bike, that and your throttle and rear brake if wheelie-ing. To me adding foam like that for balance is like trying to add some jerry rigged counter balance system that hangs huge dumbells off to each side. LOL. to each thier own though, and like I said, I am a know nothing.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:29 AM

that and he might be talking about the gas tank foam.... I read about it somewhere but its these little blocks of "space age" foam you can put inside your gas tank thats supposed to soak up the fuel or somethin and would get rid of the "slosh" effect.... thus making it easier for switchbacks and stuff... I didnt buy into it much so I didnt get all the details, sorry :S but yeah... interesting concept but I kept thinkin.... "Wont that suck my precious fuel up... then get plugged in somethin?"

sposed to be developed for jets because slosh effect on that many gallons can do a lot of vierd stooof when your in the air I guess??

Old 08-28-2006, 04:52 AM

AAAH if its that than yeah. I heard about that when looking into getting a CF gas tank. The tank would have significantly lightened the bike and the retailer described that foam being part of the CF tank. THAT made sense to me. My dad had similar thing in his sprint car he raced. So if its that than as far as my experience with it sounds legit. From what I found its not designed to help balance you for wheelies but rather lessen fuel slosh while cornering etc.