Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

CHRIST AIR!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CHRIST AIR!!!!

ORIGINAL: 94gtcoupe

i'm semi new to riding but i'm realy into stunting... so far alls i do are wheelies and small stoppies.... a christ air would be a great trick to start to learn... what are some of the basics for this trick? do you put it in neutral befor standing up? or how do you avoid the engine brakeing? just looking for some helpfull pointers on starting this trick.... i'm going to start small by standing on the pegs and working my way to the seat then the tank
Ok...if you have a choke, use that in like 3rd gear or so, if not most ppl (i have never done itb/c i have a choke) put it into neutral. The best option is buying a tiny little widget (not sure what its called) that you can twist to turn up and down you're idle...its like a $1 part but you have to take off the tank to install it...you wanna be going on a flat, straight surface and going about 40mph on a not so windy day...the faster you go the more stable (to a certian extent, you dont wanna go 70 b/c of the wind). Be sure to wear shoes that wont slipand fit you snugly. To start, just get used to riding w/ no hands...feel how stable the bike is, even if you make it swerve back and forth w/ ur butt. Then get comfortable stading on the front pegs w/ no hands...then squat on the seat while holding the handle bars and once you're comfortable w/ that let go but keep your hands hovering over them incase you start to freak out...Once you're comfrotable with that you can start to get up...it's safer (imo) to be stading all the way up than having your knees bent so the next step is just to stand all the way up on the seat, feet together, not staggared. Once you're up there its the best feeling in the world...and the bike isn't going anywhere, even if you get a tankslapper (i never have, and i have no steering damper) you will have pleanty of time to get down so dont panic...the only thing you need to be careful to do is to keep your balance...dont lean back or anything...just stand straight up...you could practice before hand by having a friend hold your bike while stationary and stand on the seat. To get down is very easy...I just jump down to giveit a cool look but you can just kinda bend your knees and grab the bars and get down if you want. Good luck and have fun! Wear your gear!

[IMG]local://upfiles/18557/670C2A1DDD0E47DB82E843ECC8AD4C62.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-20-2007, 08:13 AM

The acid drop definately changed my tank dent. I had a perfect dent before hand. Nowfrom jumping down into it, it moved the dent back about an inch or so, and made 2 creases.

I also suggest learning from the tank. Its easier to control, and it looks better than the seat. I was doing mine in 5th gear with my idle around 4500. If the bike is unstable(side to side), just try bumping the idle up a little more.

and I definately agree with 2QK, its much better to be standing up than with your knees bent. So when you do decide to go for it, just go in one smooth motion. If you go slow, the bike wants to wobble around.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Compton82
I also suggest learning from the tank. Its easier to control, and it looks better than the seat.
If he has a dented or flat tank thats fine...but if he has a very rounded tank like mine then it's really not an option as theres just not enuf surface area to stand on.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM

2QK4U2C& Compton82 thanks for the input, i already have the little idle adjuster on the side of the bike just never thought of using it for this... it's a stock faringed (sp) 06' so the tank is pretty flat i've done one or 2 wheelies sitting on it and didn't have any problem with sliding around... i've stood on the tank while the bike was in the basement and used the rafters to support myself and it feels comfortable with the exception of the bike sitting on the kick stand still...

maybe i'll try crouching on the seat this weekend... as i'm already comfortable with riding no handed and i usualy adjust my jeans but standing on the pegs and not holding on..... i learn fast so getting comfortable with new things realy only takes a few attemps... but with the bike i make sure i start small, these things are to much money to just get cocky and total... we almost always have a camera when we stunt so if i wreck hopefully it'll be on tape...

if i can find the video i'll post my buddy wrecking his R6 doing high chair

Old 08-17-2009, 11:15 PM

hey ive never tried it but i have read of people strapping the bike down in the back of a pickup and practicing going from a normal riding possition to standing on the tank or seat and then once you feel comfortable doing that you can try it on the bike while its moving

i think it sounds like a good idea that way you already have some idea of how you are going to do it so you dont dump it on the first try

Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 AM

lol just watch out for the killswitch. I jumped. pushed off the bars and hit the killswitch goin about 30mph. bike died and I landed towards the front of the tank falling forward. I grabbed the clip-ons and did a flip over the front end. When my feet hit the ground, I was still holding the clip-ons and my ankle rolled. Then the front tire rolled...over my foot. I've still got some rash scab on my left knee, elbow, and top of my left foot because my shoe fell off. That was over 2 weeks ago and I've still got a gimp limp. Ya'll just be careful.