Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

bringin em down...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bringin em down...

Theres tons of posts on how to bring the front end up and ride it out. seems like a new one every day, so, I thought I'd switch it up a bit. I dont have wheelies down at all, I just flat out suck. I can bring it up, its ridin em out thats killin me, but thats not what this post is about.

since im new and have 0 throttle control as well as 0 brake control, im pretty hard on fork seals. I think there might be something wrong with the one fork from the previous owner (its been down) cause its the only one that goes out. Once I moved out here last summer i started getting heavy into trying wheelies. After a few months I popped a seal and we put new ones on. Edit:* forgot to add when we openedthe forks up the "good" seal was still 0em and the one that leaked, and is now leaking again,hadbeen replaced previously. Now I've done it again and it seems way too soon for it to be going out like that. I know I bring em down fairly hard sometimes, ok, really hard, but Ive watched people bring them down just as hard/harder it seems and they still havnt replaced seals.

So, the big question, what do you guys do as far as bringing them down soft? Once I get the new seals on Im going to try to make sure im on it and leanin back when it comes down, is this a good idea? Im so worried of crossing up coming down I dont think im concentrating enough on the throttle and in second gear it takes quite a bit to slow the drop down any.

any help is appreciated,
Chris

Old 05-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Err
Default RE: bringin em down...

don't chop the throttle, just kinda feather it out.

its all in practice. next time your out start letting off the gas slow and smooth when you want to come down. you need gas to get the wheel up; if you want it to go down, don't give it gas.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM

sounds good to me. I think i just need to pay more attention to everything rather than focus all my thoughts on not coming down crossed up and going wibbly wobbly into the ditch hahah. Also I notice on the ride home from work this morning my throttle is kinda sticky. Im gonna lube the **** out of it and see if that helps my throttle control any, cant hurt [sm=yeahsmile.gif][sm=violent053.gif]

Old 05-30-2007, 05:37 PM

like ERRRRR said. dont chop the throttle.

and always keep some rpms in reserve for landing....down't ride em out till rev limiter.....(assuming ur not at bp)

wat i used to do was go till like 11k, then slowly let it down, and as its coming down, get back on the gas.....it gave me a smooth landing, but that extra gas gave it a small wobble everytime.

p.s. i'm pretty sure my forks r bent to. i just got used to em.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Err

ORIGINAL: Dirtytoes

yea i have "serious fork issues" as well. the guys at the shop wouldn't even test ride it in their parking lot.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Err

ORIGINAL: Dirtytoes

yea i have "serious fork issues" as well. the guys at the shop wouldn't even test ride it in their parking lot.
pussies. we ride without brake levers, bent forks busted frams, no seats, no pegs all day and these pussies wont take it around the lot

Old 05-31-2007, 02:10 PM

hahaha