Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Which is better?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is better?

My friends have been teaching me how to do wheelies lately, but I'm noticing things on clips that's different from the way they are telling me how to go about getting my front end up.

Like TK954RR posted a thread with a video of him popping up some nice ones with what sounded like a single flick of the throttle(I couldn't hear any pre-rev). My friends are telling me to pull the clutch in slightly (with one finger), Rev it up once or twice, then dump the clutch. I'm personally doing this in first gear because im still learning.

Does it matter which method I use?
Is getting it up without pre-reving something just learned through experience and knowing your bike better?

Thanks for any replys, much appreciated!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned
Default RE: Which is better?

Well for 1st you should just be able to ride it and snap the clutch in give it a lil gas and let the clutch out. but you will end up finding your own style the more you get used to your bike and how it reacts

Old 08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Im gonna say dont pre rev, it just sounds dangerous, your adding more into then there needs to be. A good way to get a feel for clutching is get on the highway or whatever in 5th or 6th gear going speed limit. Crack the throttle open (your not going anywhere in that high a gear) then after its open just flick the clutch. Practice this for a bit till you get a good feel for it, and it should sound similar to when i do wheelies. After you get a good feel for it, go back to your practice in 1st gear and use the same technique, just less gas. Accel a bit and slip the clutch while you do it, you should start to get a feel of what it will take to get the wheel off the ground, then progress to full blown wheelies.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:13 PM

Hmm, thanks a lot, this is very helpful. I will tell you all how it goes tomorrow when i get back.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

NP, i actually tried fashioning a helmet cam tonite to take a vid of my hands while i do it, but that failed miserably [:'(]Main thing is take it slow, you will not bea wheelie king tomorrow, andyou have a sick looking bike, keep it that way

Old 08-16-2008, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

A good way to get a feel for clutching is get on the highway or whatever in 5th or 6th gear going speed limit. Crack the throttle open (your not going anywhere in that high a gear) then after its open just flick the clutch. Practice this for a bit till you get a good feel for it, and it should sound similar to when i do wheelies.
This is the single greatest peice of advice on wheelies i have ever gotten... no joke. I have been playin around with 1st gear clutch wheelies for a month or so, but i never got anywhere with it not even an inch off the ground,i tried what you said then dropped back to try some first gears in a parking lot and first try i got it up... im no wheelie master but from nothing to being able to get it off the ground a few feet in one day...wow.Thanks TK954 [sm=hail.gif]

Search this Thread