Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

back at it

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back at it

well after waiting a month and a half on a chrome stator cover i said *** it and went to the dealership and picked one up

so i got the bike running again, started up like a champ after my 2nd gear spill at 65... everything is superb

but gettin back at the wheelies, 2nd gear is more responsive now, heh and im learning from my mistake last time of not using the back brake

but now, i keep it right under bp cuz im still a lil scared of not being able to stop the rise, which ive been practicing... to no avail

the first few times it worked pretty good but now my back brake doesnt do much, and i just added a lil fluid cuz i thought it was a level issue in the cylinder, but now i just really have to step on it pretty good... more then i think i should be doing

am i doin sumthing wrong here? im still stuck to ridin 2nd gear out to 95mph cuz im having problems with the brake

Old 10-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Default RE: back at it

not sure what kind of pads you're using but generic pads suck...I just threw a pair on a few weeks ago and i think i have to have twice the effort now to lock the back tire up...Definately OEM pads all the way

Also just bleed it really well. I've seen a few people that have soft brakes just because of a little air in the lines...

Old 10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Err
Default RE: back at it

yea check to make sure you don't have air in the lines.

once you get the rear brake figured out, get in BP and if you feel it going back too much give her a tap. try learning in first, it won't hurt so much when you bite it.

keep practicing, soon it'll become 2nd nature.

glad to hear you're back at it...