Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Any one running a hand brake?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one running a hand brake?

my buddy just bought that adapter kit that connects right into the stock foot master cylinder... it didn't work for his bike 03, my 00 F4 has the same master cylinder it looks like. i dont wanna spend the money for the second caliper set up, any ideas? im down to try the adapter kit, but onlty if it's gonna work, his is so rigged up...

Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it the full throttle adapter that screws in or is it the GP tech that slips in....the GP tech style adapters suck bcuz they move and leak

Old 09-10-2009, 06:28 PM

he got the full throttle one i wanna say. the little adapter piece thats threads into the master cylinder did not fit into his. his master cylinder was threaded, he had to grind the thgreads off the adapter then push it in and clamp it in. it looked like a nice kit, but i dont under stand how that adapter is supposed to thread into the cylinder.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by Stuntforlife
he got the full throttle one i wanna say. the little adapter piece thats threads into the master cylinder did not fit into his. his master cylinder was threaded, he had to grind the thgreads off the adapter then push it in and clamp it in. it looked like a nice kit, but i dont under stand how that adapter is supposed to thread into the cylinder.

ok you say it threads in but then you say he groung the threads off the master and pushed the adapter in and clamped it....does the adapter have threads on it ?

Old 09-11-2009, 07:19 PM

alright my bad, the adapter itself has threads on it. the master cylinder does not have threads. this is where the resevoir tapped in on the M.C. he ground down the threads on his adapter and clamped it in...

Old 09-12-2009, 02:34 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by Stuntforlife
alright my bad, the adapter itself has threads on it. the master cylinder does not have threads. this is where the resevoir tapped in on the M.C. he ground down the threads on his adapter and clamped it in...

buy a new full throttle adapter or you will be sorry.....i wouldnt wanna use that thing on my bike.... that thing will move and leak and if you actually use it and get it hot then it'll prolly fail and you'll end up in the ER

Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 PM

mine was the same way. the inside of the master wasn't threaded so I tapped it in with a piece of wood and a hammer. Haven't had any problems with it at all.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:38 PM

spooner: you'd think theres a better way ya no? why are there threads theres gotta be a reason...

Old 09-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

The full throttle adapter is SELF tapping so it makes its threads and seals when its screwed in all the way. The most important thing is to make sure it goes in straight.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:14 PM

dude, we messed with it for hours. the MC is metal and the adapter is metal. is it really supposed self tap? what a stupid design...

Quick Reply: Any one running a hand brake?