Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

600f4i second gear wheelie help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 05:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600f4i second gear wheelie help

Ok I know this has probably been asked and answered a million times on here.. So I apologize if this is a "Enough already" question. lol

I've had my 600 f4i for about 2 months now. I dont have a death wish or anything, so I take it one step at a time. 1st gear wheelies are great and all, but I'm getting bored with them. I'm still having a little trouble getting comfortable with the BP.. That's definately a strange experience, and not easy to overcome the "Im gonna fall backwards" feeling. But the more I ride, the more comfortable I am getting. Just taking it at my own pace.
Anyway, I was riding solo for the first month after I got the bike until a few weeks ago when I finally found the hang out spot for bikes not far from where I live. On a good night, there canbe50-70 bikes. All street bikes. We all meet up at the Honda/Yamaha Shop and hang out until around 10pm, then we hit the road. This is right about the time that 1st gear wheelies got boring for me. I'm watching these guys stand their bikes up at 60+ mph, and just walk these things for miles.The more I watched, the moreI wanted to try it..So tonight on the way home I took a back road home ( long strait, smooth road with no traffic) ... And decided to start trying some second gear wheelies. It took me a while but i finally started getting the front end up and I was actually suprised at how much smoother it felt than the jerky 1st gear wheelies. Each time I'd bring it up a little higher.. But then when i started getting almost to BP, the rear end started to move around (Kinda zig zaggy feeling ) . I've seen it happenwith other guysthat are just starting to learn how towalkwheelies, but theguys thathave beendoing it a long timedont seem to have this problem.What causes this rear end "wobble"? And how do I correct/control this?
Oh, and one more question.I'm standing on the back pegs to pull it up in second gear. If thefront end starts to come up too high, obviously I cant use the rear brake, so what do I do to avoidlooping it?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Default RE: 600f4i second gear wheelie help

you will eat shyt terribly if you DO NOT LEARN BRAKE CONTROLL!!!!!
stay in first on stock gears that way you wont be goin 100000 miles an hour WHEN YOU LOOP AND DESTROY YOUR BIKE!!!
but hey if you dont want to take my advise then at least sell me the remains of your bike for cheap when you do crash it (if you dont listen to my advise that is!)
also get on stuntlife and PLEASE DONT ASK ANY QUESTIONS JUST READ THRU THE STCKIES!!!!
we get WAY to many squidly posts on that site already and anything you would want to know has already been asked and talked about so use the SEARCH and look at the older poasts PLZ!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Also dont use both rear pegs, go staggered. Left foot on pass peg, right foot on front peg (covering the brake). using both rears is a death wish if you dont have a hand brake.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't stagger stance at all. Matter of fact I tried it once to see if it was easier and looped so fast it was crazy, third gear no less. I like both feet on front pegs, right covering brake. Some clutch, I just bounce and throttle and just ride. rear tire wobble can be caused by to much or not enough air pressure. The roads also suck most of the time and can be a hazard.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:33 PM

yea i dono about one foot up front and one in back im comfortable rideing long wheelys but i tryed it one time and just about went right off the road second gear is in my opinion by far the easyest to ride them in sitting down on my bike i gota use the clutch to get it up and i do not know how bad that is on the bike so i dont like doing that but standing up you should be able to pull the bike right up with just a little bounce and no clutch