CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-skills-89/)
-   -   Wooo for MSF BRC (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-skills-89/wooo-msf-brc-116946/)

raylee 09-26-2010 12:19 PM

Wooo for MSF BRC

Well, I passed today. The NJ DMV is closed on Mondays so I gotta wait till Tuesday to get my license. The class was really informative and I had a lot of fun putting around on that little 125 they give you. If you're on the fence about riding, it's a great way to get re-acquainted with riding or even learn some new things. Just another positive review of the course is all. Although the ERC sounds fun, I'm gonna wait till next year or so to take it.

Figures that it's supposed to rain the entire week I can first get my bike on the road. :(

Kuroshio 09-26-2010 02:29 PM

NJ is weird. Here in Philly, they stamped our permits which made them temporary full licenses. And update cards were mailed to us. Only need to go to PennDOT if I want a picture id with M class on it before my licenses expires in 2016 :p

Yeah the 250s we used were fun... for cruisers. wish they had Ninjas for the BRC

BBirish 09-26-2010 05:11 PM

congrats. its a great feeling isnt it!!!

i just passed in august, the course is worth every penny.

N8 Dawg 09-26-2010 05:18 PM

Congrats!

raylee 09-27-2010 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 971149)
NJ is weird. Here in Philly, they stamped our permits which made them temporary full licenses. And update cards were mailed to us. Only need to go to PennDOT if I want a picture id with M class on it before my licenses expires in 2016 :p

Yeah the 250s we used were fun... for cruisers. wish they had Ninjas for the BRC

Ah, if only that was the case. The weather was nice yesterday. :icon_shrug: In any case, I can still wait. They had 250s in the mix, but I figured the 125 would make things easier for the evaluation. Besides, it rode just like the little 125 I rode while overseas.

It's miserable and raining today, just counting the hours till I can be a fully licensed, insured and registered rider. :icon_hyper:

gotcbr 09-27-2010 12:31 PM

Congrats Ray. Glad it went well for you.

raylee 09-27-2010 03:13 PM

Wooooo, insurance bought and now it's just under 24 hours until my bike is road worthy... 28 hours until I take "Nina" on her maiden voyage.

Bumble 09-27-2010 09:11 PM

I also took and passed the course last weekend, and got my endorsement today. I wish I would have seen my evaluation score at the end, but I forgot to ask them. I am pretty sure it was 100%. I had been riding about a month before the class which definitely helped.

I rode a Kawasaki 250 for the course and test, I am not sure what model. I could go full throttle on it and barely get up to 20 mph on their range.

There were 2 or 3 people that passed that I didn't think should have.

raylee 09-28-2010 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bumble (Post 971487)
I also took and passed the course last weekend, and got my endorsement today. I wish I would have seen my evaluation score at the end, but I forgot to ask them. I am pretty sure it was 100%. I had been riding about a month before the class which definitely helped.

I rode a Kawasaki 250 for the course and test, I am not sure what model. I could go full throttle on it and barely get up to 20 mph on their range.

There were 2 or 3 people that passed that I didn't think should have.

Congrats! Yeah, I rode for two years before this so not getting 100% would have been kind of embarrassing. I know what you mean about some people who shouldn't have passed, I saw some people take a good 12-20 feet in the braking eval. If it takes you 15+ feet to stop from 12 mph, you're gonna have some problems.

Xander F4i 01-10-2011 03:58 PM

what does it cost in other states?? the course i took was paid for by PennDOT