CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-skills-89/)
-   -   where's the danger? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-skills-89/wheres-danger-138689/)

Kuroshio 05-29-2012 09:38 PM

where's the danger?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 38298

Was riding home from work. A little background info:
  1. Only one direction (N / S / E / W) and its turn lanes have green lights at a time
  2. There are 2 left turn lanes, with me in the outside one
  3. The lights look funky but we have green lights
  4. I maintain my legal lane thru the turn

So where's the danger? I've got a vid clip to show what happened

NewSense45 05-29-2012 10:37 PM

The lane your in, probably has people from on coming traffic waiting to turn right. Meaning, you have people who want to merge coming from your right and probably are going to either try and beat you to the lane, or not see and merge blindly, possibly squishing you between two cars, or clipping you...

lets see the vid! :)

jveach 05-29-2012 11:04 PM

Kuro I hate to say it, but you need to move out of that city. Seems like someone is trying to hit you at least once a week. LoL

You would think people would see your yellow bike a lot better than they did the blue/black F4i.

Stay safe out there man.

vfrman 05-30-2012 12:59 AM

Danger is from that car about to turn right....into your lane and possibly you.

Choices...
Change to inner lane (if clear, or possibly split)
Slow down.

My choice of lane position will be to the inside of your lane...it might invite the guy to turn right but will give you more of a space cushion to do something about it. Could also flash your brights. Remember, don't watch the driver for clues...watch the front tire. You see it turn or start to creep you know something is about to happen.

Shiffts 05-30-2012 01:11 AM

I'm going to go with the guy behind the white Nissan moves into your lane during the turn to pass the Nissan as he doesn't see you since you may have been in his blind spot?

Or..

Nissan moves into your lane during turn w/out looking?

Or..

The gravel/debris in front of you looks a lot worse than it is and made you slip a tad?

Or..

Car turning right, into your lane, coming from opposite side. Looks like a Camry?

Wizzle 05-30-2012 03:44 AM

I'm gonna say the same as vfrman.
That car turning right, near the end of your curve.

Hojen77 05-30-2012 03:54 AM

I would say that the danger comes from both left, right and behind, you never know what idiot will cut into you lane.
What I think happened - maybe that the white car suddenly changes lane and "didn't see you coming".

RedBaron 05-30-2012 04:37 AM

Nissan will come into your lane after turning the corner?

Wizzle 05-30-2012 04:53 AM

The suspense is dangerous!!

Kuroshio 05-30-2012 08:27 PM

Sorry guys, lost the video. But vfrman is correct: the car tried to turn right into the space me and my bike was occupying.

Originally Posted by jveach (Post 1164543)
Kuro I hate to say it, but you need to move out of that city. Seems like someone is trying to hit you at least once a week. LoL

You would think people would see your yellow bike a lot better than they did the blue/black F4i.

Stay safe out there man.

Actually jveach, that's part of my daily commute. This exact situation happens at least twice a week (seriously). I'm more than familiar with the corner so whenever I take that left, I do it gently enough I can swerve / stop... or like I did that day: hit the horn and shock him out of his stupidity. It was stupidity because he actually waited until we all began the turn before he started to go.