Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

What do you do? #1

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably would have just let off the gas and cut my line shorter.... im still a rookie though!

Old 06-12-2012, 06:46 AM

I have been in a similar situation (no curb, just a fence and trees). I was familiar with the road I was on and just made a judgement error with my entry speed. I drug the rear brake through the turn. I have even done that on turns that surprise me with their radius. Of course, it easy to say don't put yourself in that situation to begin with and to state that if you don't know the road, slow down a bit. I am sure Kuri knows this, but was a bit overzealous. It happens, even to me with over 30 years of riding experience, on and off road.

Glad you made it through, Kuri.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:39 PM

well depends how far away from the curb you were.. Based on what I heard I would have stood the bike up and braked like hell.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 AM

**** it man you didn't die. I probably would have tapped the brake.. but I've been riding a long time. When I was fresh to road riding I wouldn't have done that. It takes awhile to get use to braking/shifting in drastic corners. I would always decelerate/accelerate to my desired speed accordingly BEFORE entering the turn, even if I was wanting to go fast through it I made sure to slow down.. then throttle through the corner.

So you ****ed up a corner, atleast you didn't bite the concrete and **** yourself/anybody else or your bike up.

Thats how we learn. At least you have acknowledged it.

Good luck have fun