CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-skills-89/)
-   -   riding at night (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-skills-89/riding-night-121546/)

Seven30LG 02-22-2011 05:38 PM

riding at night

so the other day i met up with two female friends of mine for a ride.it was my first time riding with them ,i assumed them being girls it was goinng be a chilling relaxing ride...i was wrong lol...we had lots of fun but we were on the highway doing 110+..now i have no problem with speeding and stuff but i found it way harder to see ..is that a glasses problem or does it generally get harder for everyone at night...i didnt notice the white lane lines or anything...or should i get brighter light bulbs...?...

backyardmechanic 02-22-2011 05:44 PM

Do you have a tinted visor? I have found a mirrored visor offers the best protection from headlights but you still can see everything at night

Seven30LG 02-22-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by backyardmechanic (Post 1017647)
Do you have a tinted visor? I have found a mirrored visor offers the best protection from headlights but you still can see everything at night

no,i have the stock clear visor....so its probably the glare from the on coming traffic?

The__Rider 02-22-2011 07:31 PM

I suggest investing in a set of HIDs, if you can. I know that with the stock bulbs at night it was a little hard to see. But the HIDs lit the road up quite nicely. I also use a clear visor at night. Are things blurry for you, or just not bright enough?

If it's blurry, perhaps you need night-time driving glasses. If it's the visibility perhaps upgrading your bulbs could help.

Hope that helps somewhat :)

comodidit 02-22-2011 07:43 PM

I ride(and drive the cage) with glasses too. I'm farsighted, and the headlights/streetlights reek havoc when riding at night. What is just a starbust of light when going 50 turns into a bright blur the makes your pupil shrink at 80+.

I haven't found a way around it other than wearing contacts.

Seven30LG 02-22-2011 10:44 PM

i think it mightve been the lighting on my bike being dim ...=/....gonna invest in HIDs since there cheaper then eye glasses...if that does not fix the problem then eye glasses it is!

billetproof97 02-23-2011 09:55 AM

Vision > over a 2 wheel peice of metal.

Kuroshio 02-23-2011 08:04 PM

1. Slow down
  2. Get new glasses (they make glasses with special coatings for nighttime driving)

If you choose not to follow that advice
  • Move to the opposite side of the country as me

110 MPH + Vision problem = major collision waiting to happen.

UnderAssumedName 03-30-2011 04:20 AM

Get a HID kit (6000k is plenty) and ride more at night. You might just have to adjust a little.

RoadiJeff 03-30-2011 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Seven30LG (Post 1017644)
we had lots of fun but we were on the highway doing 110+..now i have no problem with speeding and stuff but i found it way harder to see ..is that a glasses problem or does it generally get harder for everyone at night...i didnt notice the white lane lines or anything...or should i get brighter light bulbs...?...

110mph??? You were overdriving your headlights. They were not meant for triple digit speeds at night. Ride at a more sane speed when the sun goes down and you'll be okay.