Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

Riding 2 Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mad Max 2 and 3 were shot near Silverton NSW which is near Broken Hill. Mad Max 1 was filmed mainly in Victoria out near Lara and Little River. The You Yangs mountain range is also out there where parts of the mini series the Pacific were shot as well. All the place markers for the Mad Max sites are on Google Earth for your info guys.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 AM

When it comes to the enjoyment of two-up riding, I remove the rear seat and fit a seat cowl. Passengers ruin a perfectly good rideout IMHO (unless they're 18yr old and not related).

Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by revilingfool
well....so this one time a gave this chick i only knew for like 30mins a ride back from this place. I revved my engine under a bridge to listen to my baby and to my dismay 3 cops were posted up a 100 yards away. shoulda been a no biggie i was going well under the speed limit. but 3 in the morning two people on a rocket they thought otherwise....

I was about to crest this huge hill and saw lights flash on at the bottom of the hill, got over the top and pinned it to win it and dipped to a side street and got my bike to a buddies house. girl got off the back and was freaking out sayin like wtf where are we what are you doing... haha i was like B zip it were freaking on the lamb hah we got to make it back to your car.

anyway, they pulled over my buddy who was following us cause he went over the double yellow. i got away and the girl still doesnt even understand

1. no flip flops
2. no bikinis
3. dont dump them off the back
4. 1st gear = not optional

new to riding what do you mean by 1st gear = not optional

Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by 05CBR600F4i
new to riding what do you mean by 1st gear = not optional
I think he means you can't ride around in first gear.

Last edited by jbrandona`; 02-04-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by jbrandona`
I think he means you can't ride around in first gear.
No he definitely means you need to use first gear with a passenger for takeoff

Old 02-17-2011, 02:55 PM

I never let my passengers ride without gear and it came out to be a good thing.

I was recently in Flagstaff in the cold parts of AZ. I was visiting my girlfriend. It was warming up outside during the day but there was still snow everywhere on the ground even though 90% of the streets were clear of ice. This was her second time on a motorcycle, and she was happy I told her she could only ride with full gear. She makes a good passenger, she's light, and cute, and leans with me. She's also pretty fearless as I found out that night. We were pulling down a steep entry into the hotel I was staying at, and I was going slow. Headlight missed a nice patch of cinders on the asphalt. They spread cinders up there instead of salt to help with the ice. After almost 8 years of riding a street bike, I finally drop it. I have the front tire slip right out from under us on the cinders. I was so worried I hurt her, and actually did my best to land under where she was falling. Nailed my shoulder, bruised my knee up really bad. I instantly asked her if she was alright, she was like "What just happend!" She was fine. No injuries. Nothing hurt so bad as my pride. Picked the F2 up after checking my girl over first. We still went up to my room that night, so I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Made for an interesting date story. But, I still feel horrible that I dropped the bike with her on it. Some things are unavoidable. Guess that's the point of my story. Riding two up is a great feeling. To have that cute girl on the back of the bike squeezed against you and trusting you. But, it sure does sting the pride when something goes wrong. I also hope this is the last time I drop a street bike. With or without a passenger. She hasn't decided if she wants to ride on the back much now. =(

Old 04-18-2011, 07:20 PM

Back when I had the supermoto I would ride the gf around everywhere. We went to sheetz to get gas, and a bunch of her friends were there. They asked for rides, which is when I realized that there was such a thing as a "good" and "bad" passenger. The gf was always stable on the bike, leaned with me, did everything she was supposed to. But I guess me explaining that to her friends didn't soak in...the one girl was moving side to side and made me really uncomfortable. Know your passenger!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Last summer I was supposed to go to fighterfest in carlisle, PA with my girl. We left my house in NJ in 80* weather and not a cloud in the sky. I knew we would just be cruising so I didn't wear my jacket, only my gloves, jeans, boots and a tee. She was setup in a similar outfit too. We head on our 2.5 hour journey and about 45 mins from the show, we get caught in this bitch of a monsoon. It was pouring so bad that we found a bridge for cover along with like 5 other bikers. It clears up a bit and we head out again. We get hit in the same kind of storm and hide under a bridge again because the rain hurt so bad. Finally we were both just like **** it, lets just get there. We get there soaked and cold and find out they are closing it down. Fail. So then we spent another four hours riding home freezing cold. We finally found a Cabelas about an hour into the trip home and got some jackets for the ride home. I must say she was a trooper through the whole thing. I was so proud that day, haha.