Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

Pay attn. to the turn not the rock wall beside the road.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pay attn. to the turn not the rock wall beside the road.

So this weekend me and my buddy went up mullholland hwy out here off the PCH. Well we thought it would be nice to attach his iphone to his mirror for a video camera. So we get to showing off and I pass him in a rand handed corner, coming into another right hander I come out wide and start to think man I'm to far out and I dont want to get hit by a car. So I stop thinkikng about the turn and start thinking about the car and the rock wall on my left. Due to that I lock up and don't lean into the turn or pay attention to the turn. Well since your bike follows your eyes I naturally drift into the rock wall, I some how missed the boulder by about an inch and some how manage to save it without laying the bike down. Well my buddy was not so lucky he managed to clip the boulder and take out his left foot peg, stator case cover, and part of his underbelly fairng. After skidding 95 ft he finally stops and gets up, he is fine, he somehow managed to surf the bike until it stopped. Long story short, pay attention to the turn, and keep your ego in check at all times because you never know what the next turn holds for you. And all this is caught on camera to. We both have watched it and shake our heads, and laught it off. We both know better, and hopefully will not make the same mistake again.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We're always learning, if that vid is any good post it to sights and sounds.