Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

No feet touching challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 AM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MZ5
I put a foot (or feet) down when I stop, or in inching traffic, like others have said. I've not put a foot down for a driveway or anything like that. I guess that never occurred to me?
It never occur to me neither. When I started to seeing this multiple times, I felt like I was short changed. (I am short but..) When I see the red light, I usually downshift and stay in 1st playing with brake and clutch. I hardly put my feet down unless the light doesn't change quick, or it changed quick.

I'm 4'11

Old 03-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ppl you've seen aren't confident in their riding not to put their feet down. Only time I put my feet down is when I stop

Old 03-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
I'm 4'11
Holy **** that's short. I'm impressed!

(That you manage to ride a 600 that is. )

Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
I'm 4'11

Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM

only time feet come down is as the bike is falling over at a stop. Kind of like one fluid motion bike leans to the left, foot comes out to catch. I lol as people drag their feet, i feel its an accurate judgement of their riding skill. My foot goes up as soon as the bike starts moving.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
only time feet come down is as the bike is falling over at a stop. Kind of like one fluid motion bike leans to the left, foot comes out to catch. I lol as people drag their feet, i feel its an accurate judgement of their riding skill. My foot goes up as soon as the bike starts moving.
I was testdriving the new 600F and one of the 'tour guides' of the dealership (so probably an experienced rider) would stick his feet out for a good 100m or so!

Old 03-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
yup, clutch goes out, feet come up lol. Now occasionally when riding slowly on gravel or thru a crowd of ppl I will leave my feet off the pegs, but not like you see the duck walkers doing lol

Old 03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

but not like you see the duck walkers doing
Mega LOL .......... they are out in force again up here

Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Holy **** that's short. I'm impressed!
People were giving me **** for getting 600. But I really don't think Ninja 250 would made the difference in learning. I am actually happy that I got cbr600rr

I knew I was going to drop it while I learned, so I had sliders put on even before I started riding. And then, when I first had my bike in my possession, I found out that my leg will not reach the kickstand once it is up.

First pic is when they drop the bike off with stock angled kickstand (it was cut though). And second one was after I had it bent.

No feet touching challenge-photo8.jpg

No feet touching challenge-photo-3.jpg

Old 03-30-2011, 02:58 PM

im no expert but use my bike almost everyday for work etc and tbh i only ever have my left foot down when coming to a stop etc and my right foot is 'always' covering d back brake ( i could be wrong but im also a petite lol 5ft so cant get both feet down anyway haha ) ,, the rest is balance

Quick Reply: No feet touching challenge