Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

How do YOU handle aggressive cagers?!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 02:31 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hate riding in traffic, congested.....peak rush hours. Just ride your own ride and don't get emotional. Like what other member said....dust'm ...aggressively get away from crazy drivers.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments and advice guys!

Old 09-09-2013, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sickler
Yeah you need to be very patient and forgiving while riding.
This comment has helped me a lot. It should be written in motorcycle handbooks. Thanks man.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:30 PM

Glad I could help. Be safe out there!

Old 11-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought it said cougars. Well....that's a different problem all together.

Now that I'm on the same page, you should be riding between the center line and the center of the road. If your in the center of the road they tend to want to sneak up on you. You need to be out there where you are seen. If your not holding your ground they will take advantage of you. When making a right hand turn in CA, stay far enough right as not to give them enough room to squeeze in along side you.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Word of advise avoid having any altercation... With a cager asides being calm... Please never take off your helmet when angry because it can used as a weapon for a fight.. Just be calm and count to 10

Old 01-05-2017, 06:56 AM

Per advice I give to pedestrians. Those are lines, not walls. You may be 'right', but you'll lose the battle with a car.

Aggressive drivers I am proactive and use SIPDE. Scan, Identify, Predict, Decide, and Execute. Black Mercedes w/ Asian woman driver, I get out of the way. Most likely on cell phone or erratic driving because driving while distracted.

SUV, stay away from or give them room, large vehicle with too many blind spots.

Rush hour traffic, hyper aware, stay in far left lane to have 'block' on my left side. There will be no cars on that side, and I can scan mostly my right hand side.

Constantly aware of your surroundings and on the lookout for cars making frequent lane changes, do I see someone talking on their cell phone in front of me, driver with aggressive 'lean forward' like they are anxious and in a hurry. Can I see them in their rearview and side mirrors, if not - they sure can't see me.

Get the blinking headlights - yes, they are annoying, but they are annoying for a reason - you can be seen. Get a reflective vest, doesn't have to be orange stripes, them make them in white, green, etc. Are you dressed all in cool black leathers? You know how hard that is to see when its raining?

My reaction is also slow down, because you don't always have to speed up.

You can't always account for stupidity, but you can improve your chances of not getting hit. Again, those at lines, not walls.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rightly said

Old 01-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Always completely ignore bad driving or aggression from other road users, no point reacting cos they either don't care or are too stupid to remember to drive better in future, loads of bikers have accidents when reacting to other idiot drivers, or come off worse in a confrontation cos they've had the misfortune to react to a real head case!, keep cool, ride away carefully, pat yourself on the back for being so cool 😄

Old 01-19-2017, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mark9
Always completely ignore bad driving or aggression from other road users, no point reacting cos they either don't care or are too stupid to remember to drive better in future, loads of bikers have accidents when reacting to other idiot drivers, or come off worse in a confrontation cos they've had the misfortune to react to a real head case!, keep cool, ride away carefully, pat yourself on the back for being so cool 😄
There is actually a proven psychological reason to 'stay cool'. Your cognitive process (ability to think clearly and rationally) decreases proportionately to when you get angry. So the 'angrier' you get the less clearly you think. Thus, you see weird things happening like a soccer mom shooting another soccer mom in cases of road rage.