Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

TrailTech Vapor oil light trouble

Old 08-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Exclamation TrailTech Vapor oil light trouble

Hi all, I am wiring up my F3 with a trailtech vapor and the indicator dash, all is well except my oil light does not turn on when the key is turned on. I have the light hooked up as follows, positive goes to the blue with red stripe that went to the stock light positive and the ground goes to a main ground in the harness. any suggestions? oh and the bulb is good.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:41 PM

Have you gone to all the wires that connected to the dash? The booklet was wrong on my turn signals when I first wired the F2 harness. Then correct for the F3 harness. Turn the ignition on and run it every other line, except the turn signals.
I have the oil light and green neutral with turn signals with mine. make sure the ground wire is grounded too.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by underground-mpyre View Post
Have you gone to all the wires that connected to the dash? The booklet was wrong on my turn signals when I first wired the F2 harness. Then correct for the F3 harness. Turn the ignition on and run it every other line, except the turn signals.
I have the oil light and green neutral with turn signals with mine. make sure the ground wire is grounded too.
after spending a little quality time with my good friend the multimeter, I got it all figured out