CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Fighters (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/)
-   -   Trail Tech Vapor Vs Koso Xr-Sr (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/trail-tech-vapor-vs-koso-xr-sr-131127/)

Boxdgm 09-26-2011 03:13 PM

Trail Tech Vapor Vs Koso Xr-Sr

http://www.bikebandit.com/trail-tech...e-computer-kit
VS.
http://www.bikebandit.com/koso-xr-sr...LAID=883203111

Anyone with experience with either or even both want to reccommend the better one. The only complaint ive read on the koso is the delay in the digital readout tach where the digital/analog tach on the vapor is supposed to be very responsive and accurate. The indicators on the koso are nice but if i go with the vapor i will be adding the dash with indicators and the shift lights on the vapor would be very nice.

Polisport Halo H4 Headlight YZ Blue/Black | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I plan on ordering this headlight and im taking off the fairing stay so i wont be able to use the stock ones and on the highway my tach is very bouncy and fluxuates between 6-8k erradically.

TeamAeD1 02-01-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Boxdgm (Post 1102833)
Trail Tech Vapor Motorcycle Computer Kit - BikeBandit.com
VS.
Koso XR-SR Electronic Speedometer - BikeBandit.com

Anyone with experience with either or even both want to reccommend the better one. The only complaint ive read on the koso is the delay in the digital readout tach where the digital/analog tach on the vapor is supposed to be very responsive and accurate. The indicators on the koso are nice but if i go with the vapor i will be adding the dash with indicators and the shift lights on the vapor would be very nice.

Polisport Halo H4 Headlight YZ Blue/Black | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I plan on ordering this headlight and im taking off the fairing stay so i wont be able to use the stock ones and on the highway my tach is very bouncy and fluxuates between 6-8k erradically.

another route you can go is with a danmoto 180 sp8... a buddy of mine just ordered one and installed it in a half hour and they look freaking sweet with the full digital display, i have also just ordered one and as long as your crank sensor is 12v per pulse the rpm is right on. it comes with no mount but mounting bolts and nuts to make your own. heres the link... Danmoto 180 Digital Cockpit Speedometer Tachometer Gauge Speedo Tach SP8 | eBay if you decide to go that way let me know as for i can send you an actual wire schematic for your bike, one that is blown up and easily read with a legend. good luck

95frankenF3 04-10-2012 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by TeamAeD1 (Post 1128426)
another route you can go is with a danmoto 180 sp8... a buddy of mine just ordered one and installed it in a half hour and they look freaking sweet with the full digital display, i have also just ordered one and as long as your crank sensor is 12v per pulse the rpm is right on. it comes with no mount but mounting bolts and nuts to make your own. heres the link... Danmoto 180 Digital Cockpit Speedometer Tachometer Gauge Speedo Tach SP8 | eBay if you decide to go that way let me know as for i can send you an actual wire schematic for your bike, one that is blown up and easily read with a legend. good luck

this has caught my attention... how difficult is that guage cluster to hook up... i have an f3 and probably selling the fairing saty seeing as i have no fairings to begin with

95frankenF3 04-10-2012 10:20 PM

on the danmoto... how is the speed sensor compared to factory?

davideokills 04-11-2012 12:03 PM

Just posted a little video of the Danmoto gauge in my build thread. It is poor quality but you can see more on Youtube. It didn't take long at all to hook up but I won't know how well the speed and tach functions work for a while. When I've tested them some I'll post some updates.

f2fighter600 04-11-2012 08:43 PM

I love my Vapor. easy to install, bright, easy to read tach and speedometer...my only gripe is that it's hard to see the Neutral Indicator (optional dashboard) in direct sunlight, but other than that it's pretty awesome.

Boxdgm 04-12-2012 11:30 AM

I ended up going with a vapor and im happy with it. Did your dashboard kit come with the led bulbs? mine had halogen ones but they also threw in a set of led bulbs for it which are much brighter.

f2fighter600 04-16-2012 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Boxdgm (Post 1149181)
I ended up going with a vapor and im happy with it. Did your dashboard kit come with the led bulbs? mine had halogen ones but they also threw in a set of led bulbs for it which are much brighter.

nope, mine came with just halogen bulbs and are super hard to see...I'll have to get some LEDs

Boynton 04-30-2012 11:45 AM

I like the danmoto gauge, especially since It's priced @$150 cheaper than what I originally wanted. Good video davideokills! Hey TeamAeD1, do u still have those schematics to pass along? I most likely will be in need of a little help.