Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

ideas on an 03 fighter

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
OP, if Conrice's recommendation is something your interested in, here's a thread on ozf4i's swingarm conversion & other mods...
https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...ed-f4i-125554/
i thought of replacing the swingarm but kind of scared too. i want to stay away of modding or really changing the riding capabilities of the bike. i still want it to perform well but then again i have never rode a modded swingarm, what are the pros and cons of that? i design build and fly uav's and have a guy that does all of our cnc and big mold press work and he would help on the fab work.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

most of the swaps are just conversions - not modifications.... and don't structurally change anything.

and a swingarm swap isn't going to hurt the performance. you may need some different bearings, shafts, spacers, bushings, etc.

you modding the subframe will change the riding position and affect performance MUCH more than a swingarm probably would

Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
most of the swaps are just conversions - not modifications.... and don't structurally change anything.

and a swingarm swap isn't going to hurt the performance. you may need some different bearings, shafts, spacers, bushings, etc.

you modding the subframe will change the riding position and affect performance MUCH more than a swingarm probably would
Thanks for the input. i will def keep that into consideration when i get the frame broken all the way down for blasting and paint. i do like the rr arms but right now im kinda limited on expenses til i get a contract at work. it seems i always start projects when im most broke, haha.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what was wrong with the plastics?? I woulda kept it how it was and stunted the *** out of it

Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
what was wrong with the plastics?? I woulda kept it how it was and stunted the *** out of it
the plastics are actually in good condition except for the cut in half tail fairing, also when i tied it down to the truck the tie down put to much pressure on the front fairing and broke 2 of the mounting tabs between the front and right side, i can easily glass them but wanted to do a fighter build and this is my first one, i thought about it but the bike needed misc stuff such as hard ware and wiring cause the previous owner went through and hacked the ****e out of it and me stunting will just be more money out of my pocket. and the huge reason why i tore it down and fab/rebuilding is its a change from uav's it does not fly and its not in r and d with no crunch time issues lol.

plus i love bikes..

Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 AM

If you aren't going to use the plastics you could probably sell them and get some more cash to sink into it.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:05 AM

lol i love bikes! i just love em on one wheel a lil more

Old 12-24-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by davideokills
If you aren't going to use the plastics you could probably sell them and get some more cash to sink into it.
true i figure 200 bucks for the front and sides including the double bubble and headlight also including the fairing stay would be a steal. they need alittle glass work but i might do that as well and get alittle more.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
lol i love bikes! i just love em on one wheel a lil more
haha, i have a decked out unicycle that is gas powered and a 12 bar on the back lol. i couldnt agree with ya more

Old 12-25-2011, 09:51 PM

^^^must see pics!!!! this sounds so bad ***!

Quick Reply: ideas on an 03 fighter