CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Fighters (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/)
-   -   fighter pic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/fighter-pic-131299/)

cooltim 10-04-2011 06:20 PM

fighter pic

1 Attachment(s)
HI All, thought I may as well contribute to our corner of the forums!

After a bit of work on the weekend tidying up and fitting the fender it looks like this!

Eventually I will get onto the rear end, I'm almost married now so no need to take girls for rides anymore so I can cut it down :)

Also, I would like to fit dirt bars, but my top triple is cast, I'm not sure I trust drilling and bolting it... My plan was to make a steel plate I could bolt to the cast triple in a few places and then use that to support the risers.

getting a machined top for it would be too much effort, do I have any other options using the stock triple?

Tim.

Conrice 10-05-2011 09:45 AM

i like the motard lookin' front end. as far as fitting dirty bars, i'd go ahead and do it. i don't think any top triple is too weak for it. if you don't trust it you could always look to see if there's another top triple that would fit that already has risers in it (from another bike). a machined pair of slab yokes would be awesome, but you're talking about $500 or more for it. and believe me, it would be sweet and be worth the money, but thats a lot of cash for such a small part. and then once you have the dirty bars, you're going to need longer brake lines, and possibly longer throttle cable and clutch cable/line (is it a hydraulic clutch? - i forget)

what are you plans for gettin rid of that fat ass? are you going to try another swingarm? whatchya doing with the exhaust?

cooltim 10-05-2011 03:23 PM

The exhaust is a bit of a sore point, I don;t have any problem with it except it's fat and ugly. I drilled enough holes through the baffles that it screams and the bike has plenty of power so I am quite happy with it performance wise, it's just so damn big that I'll never be able to do anything with it. I guess I'll wait till I sort the rear end then just buy a couple of nice shiny shorty cans and weld them on.

As for the rear once I get up the nerve to cut into the subframe I'll chop it down to a bobber style seat and cram the electrics in the hole where the air box used to be.

I had attempted the dirty bar conversion last weekend but realised the brake lines wouldn;t make it, it has a hydraulic clutch but I think it and the throttle cables can stretch, but I only bought the braided brake lines 6 months ago so I might wait a bit before I replace them, I like the clip-ons now I've twisted them around a bit.

Lastly, I'll probably leave the swingarm, after I get a look at it with out the rear I'll propbably try to put on a hugger or something to disguise the 20 year-old box section swing arm.

I will admit though, after seeing your car wheel sssa conversion, I did have a quick scout around for sssas in my area... It looks awesome.

Tim.

Conrice 10-07-2011 07:54 PM

the longer you're around the fighter scene, the more stuff you'll find that fits. i don't rule anything out anymore. i think you're bike looks 1000 times better than it did back in its day already, so you're on the right track.

a bobber style tail is going to look awesome on your bike.

and hey, just do it one section at a time. your plans (if they're anything like mine) will probably change a bunch of times.

keep us updated