Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

bare metal CBR600f2

Old 09-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Default bare metal CBR600f2

I have decided to do a streetfigher with my F2. I want to strip all the paint off and go with a bare metal look, but being in Oregon and it raining about 100ft a year, im going to need to use a clear coat or sealer to keep the metal from rusting. anyone have any suggestion?

Old 09-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Powdercoat?

Or some Ceramic coating? There is a company not far from me that does all kind of Ceracoat-coatings, they also promised they can coat pistons etc. with some stuff that "locks up" the surface, preventing corrosion and reducing friction but not affecting to the diameter of the piston.

Thought that I might be Ceracoating my rims as the result takes 1100celsius heat, withstands a hammer blow and breakpad dust doesn`t stick to them. the result looks like glass so it could look cool on a bare-metal frame. At least here it`s actually cheaper than painting too.

Try here: Absolute powdercoating LLC

Old 09-18-2011, 03:16 PM

i wanted to do powder coating, but places around where i am are EXPENSIVE. one place quoted me $350 for just the powder coating... getting it preped was more. so i just want to find a simple sealer to keep the frame from rusting till i find a more permanent solution, but i do not want something that will last a season then wears off.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Dude! that`s an arm and a leg compared to here. Ceracoating Full car rim set if self prepped 50euros. Powdercoating a bike`s frame/ wheels 30 no hurry, 50 in two days. I once calculated that getting good quality spray paints and primers cost `bout the same and the powdercoat outlasts "rattlepaint" many times over... If it`s so insanely costly there, that surely rules that option out...

Last edited by Mattson; 09-18-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:58 PM

i will admit i was getting quote from places that do industrial stuff, but i dont know of any place that does smaller car type parts. im still looking, but i just want to get my bike together lol