CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Fighters (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/)
-   -   91 F2 Build (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/91-f2-build-153524/)

f2_fighter 05-20-2015 06:16 PM

91 F2 Build

4 Attachment(s)
I am finally starting a build thread for my 91 cbr f2 that I bought over two years ago. Some of the pictures are old and some are pretty recent.

Here is what I have done so far:
Replaced fork seals
Changed oil and Coolant
Converted to handlebars
Cut muffler to shorty
Custom seat and rear fairing
New R/R
Trail tech speedo
Covered new seat in old cover
New Battery
Cleaned and tuned carbs

Things to do:
Install new Brake lines from Russell
Paint tank, seat and rear faring
New tires
Install new headlight

I am just now getting back into it so hopefully it will be done soon.

f2_fighter 05-20-2015 06:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics

Conrice 05-20-2015 06:22 PM

I like the shape of the tail! What are you doing for a tail light. And is the seat done?

f2_fighter 05-20-2015 06:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
...and more

f2_fighter 05-20-2015 06:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is how I bought it.

f2_fighter 05-20-2015 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1288743)
I like the shape of the tail! What are you doing for a tail light. And is the seat done?

Thanks!

I have a cheap headlight I bought off amazon. I don't think its bright eough though.

The seat is almost done. I am painting the seat and attaching the cushion with velcro.

The tank, seat, and fairing with a copper orange.

Conrice 05-20-2015 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by f2_fighter (Post 1288746)
Thanks!

I have a cheap headlight I bought off amazon. I don't think its bright eough though.

Yeah, that's true. I was shocked how little light there was with those cheap ones. And when we start to get the heavy rains here in a few months (I'm also in FL), you'll also wish you had a different light. The seals are horrible and you'll blow bulbs constantly, or at least I did, almost every time it rained. Mine had cheap scooter bulbs. Some have h4s, which is a definite step in the right direction. Hopefully, you have them instead of the cheap bulbs.

f2_fighter 05-21-2015 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1288751)
Yeah, that's true. I was shocked how little light there was with those cheap ones. And when we start to get the heavy rains here in a few months (I'm also in FL), you'll also wish you had a different light. The seals are horrible and you'll blow bulbs constantly, or at least I did, almost every time it rained. Mine had cheap scooter bulbs. Some have h4s, which is a definite step in the right direction. Hopefully, you have them instead of the cheap bulbs.

I actually meant to say I bought a tail light, not headlight. haha

The tail light I bought was a low profile one with the license plate bracket.

I have 72 cb750 headlight that I am going to use.

Jae_Rex 06-16-2015 12:53 PM

Good stuff. Making way more progress than I am on my project.